Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vimalc91
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,958
Message 1 of 5

AMD Radeon 8570 for windows 10

Hai, I am using Lenovo G500 Laptop. Few months before i had upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 pro. and now its working now, But the problem is, my AMD Radeon 8570 Graphics card is not supporting with windows 10 pro. yesterday i have visited in lenovo site for download new driver for windows 10 64bit, and the thing is, there is no driver s/w supporting for windows 10.  its showing only 8.1 64bit. What the hell is this?? Is this a good support from lenovo side.?? they are not providing any support for this series of laptops. So what shall we do ?? Dont we need the latest features for our laptop??? Its really hurting from lenovo side... didnt expect this much from you guys..

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,934
Message 2 of 5

Re: AMD Radeon 8570 for windows 10

Lenovo never supported Windows 10 on that model, so you need to be getting your graphics driver from AMD.

AMD Radeon™ HD 8570M Series GPU Drivers & Support

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-8000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-8570m...

Vimalc91
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,918
Message 3 of 5

I have downloaded the AMD Radeon 8570M  software for windows 10 64bit  from the site,But whenever i am trying to install the s/w, it is loading and getting stuck in 44%. After that i need to repair or re-install my OS to get back in Desktop. This is the issue.

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,903
Message 4 of 5

Lenovo is not responsible for device drivers from third party vendor hardware (Graphics Cards, CPU's etc...) the best source of drivers for such devices is found on the manufacture web portal (AMD, intel etc...) and any issues with those drivers should be discussed with the development / support team from the manufacture.

Also - Lenovo drivers that are updated, maintained and provided to end users are for the OS that was sent with the computer from the factory, any updates to the drivers usually are meant to apply to the installed factory version of the shipped OS.

Windows 10 does things differently than prior OS releases, that is why the compatibility issue rears it's head here...  At the core level Windows 10 does not use the same processes as other prior releases, and as such certain hardware drivers will not work on it if they are requiring those processes to function.

IE - a Windows 10 based driver will require Windows 10 operating system features to work properly.  A windows 8 or 7 driver may work within Windows 10, if the "compatibility" option is set correctly and Windows 10 can adopt it successfully.

A Windows 8 machine that lacks hardware support (BIOS level and component level) for Windows 10 processes and procedures will not be stable or may not be able to enable all the devices present in the machine.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
qiuqiu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,843
Message 5 of 5

Try with G410 driver, its the same radeon type and has win 10 x64 driver.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/id/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/lenovo-g410...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors