cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leon90
Paper Tape
Views: 4,452
Message 1 of 11

Arrow Left key and arrow Up key and fn key not working properly !? Lenovo G580 PLEASE HELP x_x !

Hi guys i have a Lenovo G580 im not sure which version but i can tell you its intel i.3  and its got usb3.0 on it and 500gb hdd. 2.20Ghz  4.00RAM.   

been days that i try to solve my Fn Key problem and also the arrow left and arrow up keys < i was using Win8 and downgraded to Win7 last week and that problem has occured since ,it misbehaves and it only works for a short amount of time it randomly works those keys FN.arrow up/left keys randomly they work , i upgraded again to Win8.1 now for the first few boots evrything worked well fn key and arrow keys np.< and now again it stops working.. and btw. whenever i press hard against it it would work pressing down the fn and arrow left/up keys when i press really hard it works but then again it doesnt Soo end of the story its not functioning properly Smiley Sad and i have Energy management and Display driver HD 3000 installed and i still got this problem .. is there any fix to this anyone please !? 

Abdul_Ahad
WWAN
Views: 4,414
Message 2 of 11

Re: Arrow Left key and arrow Up key and fn key not working properly !? Lenovo G580 PLEASE HELP x_x !

Hi Leon90 Smiley Happy,

Welcome to the forums,

After reading this, the first thing that came in my mind, is that your keyboard might need replacement, but lets isolate a few things

1. Try reinstalling your Power manager. 

Lets make 2015 the year of the #DO
Did I or someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
leon90
Paper Tape
Views: 4,409
Message 3 of 11

Re: Arrow Left key and arrow Up key and fn key not working properly !? Lenovo G580 PLEASE HELP x_x !

i tried reinstalling Energy Management lots of times already if thats what you mean , so how much does a keyboard replacement cost ?! @@
Abdul_Ahad
WWAN
Views: 4,405
Message 4 of 11

Does your G580 have warranty ?

Did I or someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
leon90
Paper Tape
Views: 4,400
Message 5 of 11

nope.. x x'
Abdul_Ahad
WWAN
Views: 4,389
Message 6 of 11

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Keyboard-For-IBM-Lenovo-Ideapad-G580-G580A-G585-G585A-Black-With-Black-F... is 17.0USD here

leon90
Paper Tape
Views: 4,381
Message 7 of 11

cool thanks is it easily replacable !? could i do it at home watching some video on youtube?

and also My keyboard has arabic letters on it ,it doesn't  matter if i order english letters only on keyboard right?! as long as its compatible

leon90
Paper Tape
Views: 4,363
Message 8 of 11

for some reason it works again.. after formatting to win8.1 some day ago i didnt change much just installed drivers etc. nw FN key functions again and arrow key randomly works too.. @@" i guess i just have a faulty keyboard now, all keys work fine right now 

MrL580Man
What's DOS?
Views: 4,277
Message 9 of 11

Tell me about it!  I too have lost the exact same keys, only I didn't lose them from any software installations.  I have lost *exactly* the arrow up, arrow left, and Fn key and it is really annoying.  I'm going to try cleaning my keyboard and see what happens from there.

I have the G580 laptop running Win 8.

leon90
Paper Tape
Views: 4,262
Message 10 of 11

Hey mate the keys are faulty nothing can fix it except for buying a new Replacement! , i fixed the problem simply by Replacing the KEYBOARD ! Smiley Happy  i went downtown and looked for a g580 keyboard and they didnt exactly have the same version g580 they had c or b580 i dont remmber what letter it was sorry ! but the thing is the whole keyboard layout of many Lenovo Laptops are the same just look one thats the same, cause mine wasnt for G580 but the thing is its still working perfectly ! only problem is the Screws didnt fit i had to cut out the sides of the screw hole thingies to make the keyboard fit in well in my G580 , Simply put all you need is a new keyboard replacement buy one they cost between 20-40$ worth it cause you wont have any faulty keys anymore evrything will work fine. no need to reinstall anything just replace it with new Keyboard. and Plus its easy to replace it by yourself. i replaced mine by myself easily. Problem fixed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors