02-08-2017 01:23 AM - last edited on 02-08-2017 06:38 AM by Majestic
I have a Lenove B40-45 Model Name: 80F5, the preinstalled windows 8 was have problems and today I dedcided to install win 7, the Laptop has no dvd rom, I used a different computer to install win 7 but upon putting it back it says EFI Network 0 for IPV4 ( F0-76-1C-32-A8) Boot Failed. when I try to to enter Bios it gives me EFI PXE Network. please how do I solve this problem
Mod's Edit: Updated Subject line with nature of issue and moved post to its own thread.
02-08-2017 11:49 AM
What you need to is to set the BIOS to load in legacy mode since the laptop is configured for Win8.
Follow the steps below to load Windows 7.
1. Make sure that the laptop is turn off
2. For Laptops, from the OFF state, press the NOVO button or press the power
button and start tapping the F2 button OR FN + F2.
3. On the Novo Button Menu, using your arrow keys, select “BIOS Setup”.
4. Using arrow key, Go to “Boot” or “Startup” tab. Boot Mode should be changed
to “Legacy Support” or “Legacy”.
5. Using the arrow key, go to the “Exit” Tab .
6. On Exit Tab, highlight “OS Optimized Default” then press “Enter"
7. On the pop up box menu, select “Other OS”.
8. Then highlight Load Default Settings and press Enter. You will get another
pop up box, select Yes.
9. Highlight Exit Saving Changes then press Enter. Then select Yes in the
If you've set up Win7 properly then it should start loading.
Hope this helps.