Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sawdustmaker
What's DOS?
Views: 343
Message 1 of 2

B40-80 Model 80LS Meltdown/Spectre Patch

I have been going crazy as I am sure others have been trying to get my computer patched.  I ran Powershell commnds to see if I am ok.  I found out it is incomplete without a patch from Lenovo.  It would be a mistake to not issue a patch as this would seem to be a betrayal of trust for those of us who bought Lenovo products.

Please issue.

Here is an explanation.

After patches, but needed more firmware updates

The image means that your system received patches for the Meltdown bug, but has received incomplete patches for the Spectre bug.

This was to be expected, as Google said yesterday that Spectre is harder to exploit, but also harder to patch.

What the red text means is that you need additional chipset firmware updates. Microsoft and Google say that OEMs will need to provide users with these additional firmware updates to complete the Windows OS-level Spectre patches. Depending on your computer's age, some OEM might not make these firmware updates available, meaning you'll be stuck with an incomplete Spectre patch.

If your laptop/desktop/server vendor has provided extra chipset firmware updates, you can get them from their official sites, install them, and complete the patch.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 330
Message 2 of 2

Re: B40-80 Model 80LS Meltdown/Spectre Patch

Good day and welcome to the community.

Please watch this page: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/len-18282 for developing information.

As this topic is being addressed in the Security forum: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Security-Malware/bd-p/Security_Malware please search and engage discussion there.

This thread is now locked to avoid duplication, which only splinters discussions.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors