Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovoman123
SCSI Port
Views: 7,788
Message 1 of 8

B50-70 - Bluetooth speakers pair but no sound

How do I get sound back between my portable bluetooth speakers and my laptop?

Bluetooth is pairing with my portable bluetooth speakers but there's no sound.

I tired two different portable bluetooth speakers, same thing. I am getting sound with

external speakers connected by cable.I think the problem occured after a awkward shutdown of the computer.

Machine details:

B50-70

Model name: 20384

Win 8.1

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 7,732
Message 2 of 8

Re: B50-70 - Bluetooth speakers pair but no sound

Hi lenovoman123,

Have you checked if the BT speakers are set as the default audio device? You can do this by doing a right click on the speaker icon on the taskbar. Then click on playback devices. Check if there is a green check on the BT speakers. If not right click on it then select set as default device.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
lenovoman123
SCSI Port
Views: 7,724
Message 3 of 8

Set as default is greyed out; what now?

Instead of a bluetooth speaker icon it appears as a

headset icon there and says disconnected even though I paired and

turned it on.

Views: 7,712
Message 4 of 8

Hi,  

Can you check on what kind of Bluetooth card you have?

If the device is an intel card, download the driver from intel, as for other cards, download the drver from support.lenovo.com. 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
lenovoman123
SCSI Port
Views: 7,684
Message 5 of 8

Hi

I notice Intel(R) wireless bluetooth(R) 4.0 + HS adapter is present under

Device Manager; should I still go ahead and download anyway? You said to go to the Intel site, I see it on Lenovo's site too (available to download); that being the case,  why not download from Lenovo (versus Intel)? Thanks.

Views: 7,679
Message 6 of 8

Hi, 

Yes, I would recommend downloading form Intel.com since they have the latest driver for the wifi/bt card. I would also suggest you download the driver for the wifi card also. 

Cheers,

lenovoman123
SCSI Port
Views: 7,623
Message 7 of 8

It started working again but after a week or two its playing up and not working; it's blue light is constantly flashing. I didnt have to downloading anything to get it to work though.

SeniorGuru
Views: 7,610
Message 8 of 8

Delete the device from the computer's list of paired devices. Restart the computer, then power on the speakers and pair them again.

BT devices share a "key" when pairing, and sometimes that can be corrupted and cause issues with performance, even to audio pass thru.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors