Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diplomat7
Paper Tape
Views: 6,630
Message 1 of 5

B50-70 Screen brightness locked and cannot adjust

I have had my b50-70 windows 8.1  laptop for 2 months. A few days ag the screen brightness locked and I am now unable to adjust when I press f11/f12. I have tried adjusting screen brightness through the control panel but it made no difference. Please advise.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 6,619
Message 2 of 5

Re: B50-70 Screen brightness locked and cannot adjust

hi diplomat7,

Welcome to the Forums.

Your problem might be similar to this article

Can you try the following:

1. Install the Default Brightness Level Patch, reboot the machine and observe if you can now adjust the brightness via the F11/F12 keys

2. If same problem, open the Device Manager > Display Adapters and uninstall the graphics driver (Intel or AMD) and ensure you put a check on Delete the driver software for this device. When finished, navigate to Control Panel (Ivon Views) > Programs and Features and uninstall the Display Driver then reboot. 

After the machine has restarted, reinstall the graphics from the B50-70 drivers page or from one of the links below:

Intel VGA Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

AMD VGA Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

diplomat7
Paper Tape
Views: 6,616
Message 3 of 5

I installed the default brightness level patch and then restarted the laptop and it has sorted the problem. Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
pauline1028
What's DOS?
Views: 3,224
Message 4 of 5

I did not see intel or amd under Display Adapters. Only Microsoft Display Adapter was there. Don't know what to do next.

pauline1028
What's DOS?
Views: 3,224
Message 5 of 5

There's also no Display Drivers on Program and Features..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors