cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenovoman123
SCSI Port
Views: 382
Message 1 of 6

B50-70 shipped out with MBR or GPT partitions?

Are the B50-70s shipped as MBR or GPT partitions?

How do I find that out? I looked under properties with windows disk management but couldn't tell.

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 330
Message 2 of 6

Re: B50-70 shipped out with MBR or GPT partitions?

Hi lenovoman123, 

Nice to have you again. 

In windows disk management console, open the properties windows, please check under volume tab. It should indicate if its GPT or MBR. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
lenovoman123
SCSI Port
Views: 324
Message 3 of 6

I see only see

Type: Local Disk

File system: NTFS

I see no mention of MBR or GPT under the properties of the Volume column in disk managment under General Tab of properties. Where should I be looking; which tab in properties?

lenovoman123
SCSI Port
Views: 301
Message 4 of 6

I tried that but still not able distinguish whether it's GPT or MBR. How does the factory ship B50-70s out - with GPT or MBRs ?
Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 289
Message 5 of 6

Hi, 

Sorry for the late reply, if the system came with win 10 then it should GPT, for unit pre-installed with win 7 then upgraded to win 10 then, those would still have MBR.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 286
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

Open disk management, right click on the drive (Disk 0 probably), not on a partition, select properties, then the Volumes tab.

Checked on Win 7 and 10 just now and both report the partitioning scheme.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors