Options

4 Posts

02-13-2019

ES

7 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 1 of 3

B50-70 with WIndows 8.1 does not start at first try - Intel Management Engine Interface driver error

2019-11-20, 10:54 AM

Hello, I have a Lenovo B50-70 and some days ago it started to fail boot at first try. If I press the power button, it starts but gets stuck on a black screen. I have to swtich it off pressing power button for some seconds; if I press it again it starts to boot, switches off for a second and then finally starts. It always does the same.

I have last chipset, bios, etc. drivers installed

However, I have checked in the PC properties that there is a warning  in the Intel Management Engine Interface driver, showing this message: STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE.

I have searched in driver donwload in Lenovo support, and it seems there is no driver for Windows 8.1 for this model. I have found this:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS029251 that is for Windows 7, and this https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS040228 that is for Windows 8.1 it is not supported for the B50-70 as it states below.

How can I solve this? Will Lenovo release a driver for the B50-70?

Thanks

Solved! See the solution
Options

4 Posts

02-13-2019

ES

7 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: B50-70 with WIndows 8.1 does not start at first try - Intel Management Engine Interface driver e

2019-11-28, 7:26 AM

The error with the driver fixed yesterday by itself without doing anything :smileysurprised: Some Microsoft Update? I suppose, because I did nothing, the Lenovo started up at first try, and when I checked the device settings in the pc properties, the warning signal for the bad driver in the Intel Management Engine Interface had disappeared.

Regards.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

734 Posts

04-23-2019

US

423 Signins

13382 Page Views

• Views: 13382
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: B50-70 with WIndows 8.1 does not start at first try - Intel Management Engine Interface driver e

2019-11-28, 14:18 PM

Thanks for reaching out.

We're glad that the update resolved the issue.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the community. 

Please don't hesitate to visit us at any time.
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete