cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsbh
Punch Card
Views: 225
Message 1 of 2

B50-80 - Intel Rapid Storage Technology APP?

I have just purchased a Lenovo B50-80 (80LT00H5US)  i3-4005u Notebook (April 2016).

I noticed a Application installed called "Intel Rapid Storage Technology". It has a 500GB HDD Hard Drive.

Is there a good reason or reasons that I use it? If there is what are the advantages for me, a guy who uses mail and browses and sometime watches a movie on it.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 210
Message 2 of 2

Re: B50-80 - Intel Rapid Storage Technology APP?

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

The main reason for using it is performance of the hard drive.  The Intel Rapid Storage Technology application not only aids in better hard drive transfer speeds, but will also keep power consumption to a minimum.  Whether you are just browsing the web or watching a movie you will find the Intel Rapid Storage Technology of benefit to you.  For more information on Intel Rapid Storage Technology please visit the link I have below.....

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/rapid-storage-technology.html

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Top Kudoed Authors