Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Budsky
Paper Tape
Views: 18,877
Message 1 of 82

B50-80 Touchpad freezing

New right out of the box B50-80 is pactically unuseable-

When moving the cursor using the touchpad it often freezes...it will not move again until I lift my finger from the pad, then reapply finger then  try again.

This is not normal touchpad behavior.   It does not do this using an external mouse.

Windows 7 is installed.

Reinstalled latest included driver from a fresh download.

Tried older driver.

Tried Microsoft generic touchpad driver.

No difference-  I do not thnk it is touchpad hardware because if I have the touchpad settings open I can see my touchpoint moving to the correct position- but the screen cursor does not move.

Need a resolution quickly or it is going back- practically unuseable as it is.

Budsky
Paper Tape
Views: 18,743
Message 2 of 82

Re: B50-80 Touchpad freezing

Alrighty then- since no Lenovo people have responded with any kind of fix  I'm sending it back.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 18,733
Message 3 of 82

Re: B50-80 Touchpad freezing

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry you didn't receive any responses.  Please be advise that the forum here is a peer to peer venue.  In other words Lenovo owners helping other Lenovo owners.  Although Lenovo Support staff occasionally visit the forum, there is no guarantee that they will join in on every discussion.

From what you have described and tried thus far, returning it the place of purchase might be your best option as the problem sounds like it is related to the hardware.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

SarahK9
Paper Tape
Views: 18,467
Message 4 of 82

Re: B50-80 touchpad not working properly. Intermitent function.

I have a Lenovo B50-80 (windows 10) and i only had it for a few weeks. I noticed that the mousepad would sometimes just stop working. So i would have to use the keyboard to navigate to the restart button. Once restarted, it would work again. However, this time it has just stopped working at all! I have restarted and shut down many times and yet that mouse would not move or click. I have no other mouse to use as an alternative. So i have turned it off in hope that if i return in an hour it would work.

Has anybody had this issue? And what am i to do. I am very annoyed by this.

I am not that good with computers so i would love some support or help regarding this issue.

I have tried Fn + (all buttons) but that is not working.
I have also tried to config in run as suggested by another topic, but no help.
Another suggestion was to press down on the pad, and that also doesnt work for me.

Admin note; threads merged in, subjects edited.

Mod's Edit: Merged "B50-80 touchpad not working properly. Intermitent function" thread in with existing discussion.

SarahK9
Paper Tape
Views: 18,463
Message 5 of 82

Sorry, i believe it is called a touchpad not mousepad... a mouse pad is a pad for a mouse... which is not what i am referring to.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 18,437
Message 6 of 82

Hi Sarahk9,                 

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with touchpad in your Lenovo B50-80 laptop.

Try to reinstall the drivers and check for the issue.

Click here for the touchpad driver for windows 7.

Click here for the touchpad driver for windows 8.1.

Click here for the touchpad driver for windows 10.

Let us know the result.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

OshawaAlex
What's DOS?
Views: 18,858
Message 7 of 82

B50-80 touchpad not working properly. Intermitent function.

Brand new B50 out of the box. The touch pad seems to not work properly. It doesn't respond about 25% of the time and if I don't lift my finger and just rub anywhere on the touchpad it never picks up until I lift my finger off and try again. Sometimes is takes 5 tries for it to respond. There is a little program in the taskbar Pointing Device Accessories called Moodpad and Pressure Graph. Out of curiosity I tried those and they tell you how much pressure you are putting on the touchpad and the moodpad is an animated box that tracks your movements on the touchpad. Oddly enough both programs seem to indicate that the hardware is sensing my movements no problem but the actual mouse cursor is not moving. Quite frustrating when you see your finger movements on the screen and the cursor right beside isn't moving.

I think I had this issue 2 years ago when I purchased another Lenovo Notebook, and had exchanged it for another, and when both had the same issues I returned the notebook for a full refund. I wonder if it's my dry hands doing this, although my old asus notebook's touchpad works flawlessly.

CompTIA
802.11n
Views: 18,829
Message 8 of 82

Hi OshawaAlex,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

this issue normally comes from out date driver so please download the touchpad driver from below link and install it again. 

http://support.lenovo.com/my/ms/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-b-series-laptops/lenovo-b50-80-...

From the component choose mouse and keyboard driver and from OS choose the version of your Windows. 

Regards,

**If the issue has been resolved please, mark me as solution provided to help others find the solution easily and click the Kudos.**

OshawaAlex
What's DOS?
Views: 18,822
Message 9 of 82

It's a B50-80 not a G50-80.

It looks like I cannot install the driver from the Lenovo website because mine is newer. It told me to first uninstall the synaptic in add remove programs which I tried and I'm getting and error "the specified module could not be found".

I have dry hands and it seems to get better when I lick my finger. I've tried all the settings to make it better to no avail.
marcrobert
Paper Tape
Views: 18,783
Message 10 of 82

Same machine, same problem can see activity on the motion sensor, moving finger all around but cursor is frozen., got it yesterday. Reinstalled latest driver, no change. 

Probably shipping back to retailer. if you have any suggestions, pls post within the next 12 hours before rma. 

My general impressions so far: the trackpad is much smaller than i expected - i cant imagine doing gestures on there, and i dont like the matte surface. The pc overall is very "no frills" and absolutely unexciting, reminds me of 20 year old business laptop (but much lighter/lower build quality) but its a cheap pc with an i5 inside, so to be expected i guess.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors