Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pa5ca
Paper Tape
Views: 323
Message 1 of 2

B50 stuck on boot after Win10 jubilay update

Hi all,

I'm having serious problem with the Windows10 jubilay update.

My B50 laptop keeps on installing this update and after reboot it stucks in the LENOVO splash screen.
There is no harddisk activity at all... been waiting hours for something to happen.
The only thing I can do is swiching off and on the B50 several times and eventualy it re installs the previous Win 10 installation.

Lenove say's :

Power off the system via the Power button or battery reset pinhole.
    Power on the system and press F1 key to enter the BIOS Setup.
    Select Security -> Secure Boot to Disable.
    Select Startup -> CSM Support to Yes.
    Press F10 to save and exit system.
    System boots normally.
    Run Windows Update, via Setting, making sure KB3176938 is among the updates.
    Reboot the system, if required, back to Windows 10.
    Shutdown the system and power back on.  Then, press F1 to enter the BIOS Setup.
    Select Startup -> CSM support to No.
    Select Security -> Secure boot to Enable.
    Press F10 to save and exit.
    The system should reboot normally.

There is no CSM support in my BIOS.... Smiley Mad

Any one who has solved this problem... it make me totally frustraded because the Jubilay up-date keeps on comming back and.

Looking forward to your comments...

Kind regards,

Frans

SeniorGuru
Views: 264
Message 2 of 2

Re: B50 stuck on boot after Win10 jubilay update

I do not see the update you mention in the update catalog... You can remove the update by booting the notebook from a retail Windows OS DVD, then choosing repair options, and restore points.

Once restored, turn off automatic updates, check for updates, then right click on the update that causes trouble, choose hide, then install other updates.

Sometimes if an update is que'd up out or sequence it can break the OS installation.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors