cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hxi
Paper Tape
Views: 465
Message 1 of 1

B51-80 where to download the AHCI driver for Windows 7 x86???

My B51-80 was in a service center and the hard drive was replaced under warranty. I received it clean as it was when I bought the notebook. I restored my last working image of Win7 x86, but it cannot boot. Please note it's the same notebook, same configuration, just the drive replaced (bad 500gb with a new 500gb).

I found out that during the service the BIOS was updated to the latest version. Maybe this is the problem why the last image is not booting and ends in BSOD.

So I tried to reinstall the Win7 x86 I had there and here it comes - I can't find a working AHCI SATA driver! On the download page is just the stupid IRST executable package which is completely useless as it cannot be used while installing clean system.

The bios boot mode is set to legacy support, boot priority to legacy first, but I got stuck in the "select driver to be installed screen". With several trials I managed to identify the correct drivers as "Intel 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI Controller" downloaded from I don't know where, but I always get this error:ihatelenovo.jpg

Any idea where to get and use the correct AHCI SATA driver for this **bleep** B51-80?

I'm not a computer newbie but so far it took me more than 6 hours and I hit the dead end.

Please don't recommend installing Windows 8/8.1/10 - I'm using the notebook with legacy CNC machine and the latest supported OS is Win7 x86. It drives me crazy that everything worked until the harddrive died, and suddenly after replacing just the drive the Win7 is not possible to install!!!!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors