Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simopiet
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,472
Message 30 of 189

Re: B5400 Touchpad problems win8.1

Hi, last night I uninstalled all applications lenovo: support, management and etc...

the situation is much improved, now the touchpad works well, but I don't know if it continues to work well in the future.

You've tried to contact support by email or phone?

In Italy the support call center for our PC is for a fee, such as 40cent€/min ....

Ahhh ....

Simona

emjayo
What's DOS?
Views: 3,058
Message 31 of 189

I have the same problem on B5400 on first day out of the box. Have set power management to 'Maximum Performance' and speed of cursor to maximum. When touching the pad with my fingers I am also pressing more firmly. Touchpad is frustrating - works great wih a mouse! Lets see how it goes.

qusqui21
Paper Tape
Views: 3,020
Message 32 of 189

There is problem on linux same as at windows. So like i say, its bios feature, but how long we need to wait?

rebrowka
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,992
Message 33 of 189

Still buggy, still frustrating, still not usable as a workstation.

Can anybody from Lenovos software department please take a look at the driver? I don't see a big problem in fixing this, because the touchpad works at least 30% of the time as it should. 

But then the touchpad is like "click - naaww, I'm out of business today, see you tomorrow. Or in a couple of days. Or whatever."

Tonisat
Paper Tape
Views: 2,954
Message 34 of 189

It is a common problem in the b5400 series and lenovo does not give any solution, the only, if this problem is detected on the first day, do a DOA of more than 20 days without a laptop, I'm sure lenovo know the error.
Because I'm sure?
Because the problem I've seen reproduced in at least 3 laptops.
I have a shop and sat, the probem I've seen on 2 B590, in the last b5400, and I think also in the previous b5400.
In the last few I've tried everything, and sooner or later the problems are played.
If people do not protest more, is because they do not know how to use the touchpad, and use mouse. The 2 B590 has been so.

sjollok
Paper Tape
Views: 2,913
Message 35 of 189

I have a new B5400 with the exact same problem, and in addition to that wireless drivers acts really strange. Some days I can connect to one SSID other days I have to connect to another. This product really really suxx, and I bought it because I thought Acer and likes were worse :-)
simopiet
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,897
Message 36 of 189

I don't understand ...

I solved the problem after removing lenovo support, management, etc. ... but strangely after a windows update the touchpad gives me the same problem! and also on Ubuntu gives me the same problem!

So don't really know what to think.

It's a software, hardware or bios problem?

But any user of lenovo answers our questions?

Tonisat
Paper Tape
Views: 2,891
Message 37 of 189

I think it's a hardware problem.
For the tests I've done, for some reason the touchpad goes crazy after a while of use.
I tried both 8.1 and win the original win7 ultimate, and 2 is the same, go well at first, until suddenly starts to fail.
The installing win7 I went slowly, testing the touchpad with lenovo drivers, and then updated to the end without problems.
But after a couple hours of use, with automatic updates disabled, the righteous drivers, the touchpad started to fail.

Right now I'm with the newly installed win8.1 without actuaizaciones, and just starting to fail the touchpad. He had three hours reinstated.

marus_0o
Punch Card
Views: 2,614
Message 38 of 189

Yesterday i was with my m5400 to service because is very frustrating, when you don't have mouse you're lost.... now i have to stay 15 day without laptop because LENOVO don't give us a solution.
In the future i will not buy any lenovo product.

fifra
Paper Tape
Views: 2,611
Message 39 of 189

I agree.

You wouldn't expect this from a company with so many customers in 2014.

I will sure take steps if they don't respond within a narrow timespan.

Lenovo, do something!!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors