Florida

6 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 1 of 4

B560 Wifi drops connection to internet

2011-10-14, 2:42 AM

Hello,

I have a Lenovo B560 Laptop running Windows 7 64 bit.  I got this laptop in april.  I have had an ongoing issue with my wifi adapter.  I can connect to my home network no problem, but when i'm trying to stream video to my PS3 or when downloading a movie, the wifi card drops the signal of my home network.  I then scroll over the icon in the tray and it says no connections are available.  It will no longer detect my home network.  I then push the power button to put my laptop in sleep mode and wake it back up and the wifi adapter restarts and connects back to my home network.  It is getting really annoying!  I have tried reinstalling the wifi device driver but it does not seem to do the trick.  I do not know what else to do!  Please Help!!!!

Thank you so much!

Options

3509 Posts

07-12-2010

Malaysia

5064 Signins

104816 Page Views

• Views: 104816
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: B560 Wifi drops connection to internet

2011-10-14, 4:23 AM
@Narkus88,

Is the wireless range ok? Also have you tried unchecking the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in Device Manager?

//JameZ
Options

2 Posts

10-14-2011

Florida

6 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 3 of 4

2011-10-14, 4:40 AM

Hi JameZ

I just unchecked the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."  One thing though is that even when the computer is plugged in it still does this.  Also, the wireless range is good.  I use the laptop in the same room that the router is located majority of the time.  Max distance from router is 6 feet most of the time.  I am going to see now if unchecking this will help when i try to stream a movie to my PS3 and i will repost with the results!

Thank you for the suggestion!

Options

1 Posts

10-25-2011

USA

2 Signins

4 Page Views

• Views: 4
  • Message 4 of 4

2011-10-25, 12:15 PM

Updating the driver and unchecking the  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"button in Device Manager seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Along the way, I called the Lenovo support number, got a group called iYogi in India handling the support, who, after a long period of futzing about and reaching several erroneous conclusions, offered to update the driver and "adjust the settings" for $75. This is ridiculous.

I told them No. A refurb computer fresh out of the box should work or the manufacturer should fix it. Period. 

I sure hope this fix works. It took far too long to find out what change to try. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete