cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paper Tape
Views: 364
Message 1 of 3

B590 BIOS broken/corrupted ??

My c drive is caught up in network drive, how can i fix this? im not able to reinstall, etc. what will be the default for built in directoriesand boot order?. I need explicit directions fro using the four disks that came with my laptop.  i have a b590 laptop running 8.1.  thank you

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 282
Message 2 of 3

Re: B590 BIOS broken/corrupted ??

Hello and welcome to the Community,

it's not quite clear from the details you have provided exactly what you are experiencing, perhaps you could add some detail or expand on what is happening when you are trying to recover the system.

Sometimes it is useful, when recovering a system, to set the BIOS to it's default values by entering BIOS and pressing F9 and then accepting them.  If the instruction supplied with your recovery discs require you to make any changes in BIOS before proceeding you should apply those changes after resetting to defaults.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

SeniorGuru
Views: 274
Message 3 of 3

Re: B590 BIOS broken/corrupted ??

As Andy as said - more information may be needed to better assist.  What I understand is your "Boot Order" has changed from Hard Disk Drive (HDD) to Network Boot and is not loading windows.  If this is correct there may be an issue with the HDD that is preventing it from loading correctly during BIOS hardware check procedure.

You can reset the BIOS to defalut by removing battery and AC power, then press and hold the power key for more than 10 seconds (30 seconds is reccomended) then replace battery, connect AC power and use the NOVO button to turn on the system.  When prompted, enter bios, set defaults and restart.

If your computer continues to default to Network Boot, power down and then turn on using NOVO button, enter bios and navigate (search for) Boot Order.  Once you have checked to make sure your HDD is listed as first boot device and not PXE or Network Boot, then look for HDD diagnostics and check the HDD for errors.

If diagnostic returns good, use a Windows Retail DVD to boot the computer, then run the repair options to see if it can restore the operating system boot files.  If this fails, you may have a HDD mechanical issue that will require replacement of the HDD.

I know this is a lot of information to read thru, but answers to some of these options will tells us quite a bit about what steps are needed.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors