Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balen_are
Paper Tape
Views: 768
Message 1 of 7

B590 - Is the latest BIOS OK for HM77?

Hello everyone! I have recently ungraded the motherboard of my B590 to HM77 so that I could use it with an Iintel core i5. My question is, is the latest BIOS for Lenovo B590 for both versions of these laptops? I mean, does it support HM77 chip? The current BIOS of the board is very old (2013) and Windows won't switch to Nvida GPU despite it's presense in the device mangager. Thanks and I really appreacite your support! 

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 725
Message 2 of 7

Re: B90 - Is the latest BIOS OK for HM77?

I'm not clear on whether you have a B90 or a B590.   It would be helpful to get the full model number (from where the serial number is), and a screenshot of a 'sys info'.   Thx. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
balen_are
Paper Tape
Views: 719
Message 3 of 7

thank you very much for you kind reply. Sorry about the typo, it's Lenovo B590, but I have replaced its mainboard. The origional mainboard didn't support Intel core i5, it had a board chip HM75 or something, the new board has HM77 chip, also on board Nvidia Gforece 610m. Before I post some sys info, the Laptop is running fine, but in Windows 10, the internal Intel graphics GPU is active, even though the Nvidia is recognised and seem to be ready to take over. I tried to disable the internal graphics chip, but after restart, the system run on unrecognised graphics engine. The current BIOS is very strange, it does not show any serial number and seem to be faulty, but I could be perfectly wrong.  I also tried to run the latest BIOS but it complanied and showed something like, your system is not supported. Thanks! 

Item                          Value
OS Name                Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version                   10.0.14393 Build 14393
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer LENOVO
System Model      INVALID
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU       LENOVO_MT_ND
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date     LENOVO H5ET75WW(1.18), 27/06/2013
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer LENOVO
BaseBoard Model      Not Available
BaseBoard Name       Base Board
Platform Role           Mobile
Secure Boot State      Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding    Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.14393.206"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.59 GB
Available Physical Memory 5.91 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 13.5 GB
Page File Space 7.75 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 714
Message 4 of 7

I see that you're running Windows 10.   On the support page for B590, it doesn't have Win 10 drivers (nor an update program for the BIOS for Win 10.)      

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
balen_are
Paper Tape
Views: 709
Message 5 of 7

Lenovo drivers are all included in Windows 10, my system has no driver problems. But thanks for your kind reply! Best wishes! Smiley Very Happy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 690
Message 6 of 7

Your system does not have Lenovo Windows 10 drivers.   I checked your B590 for Windows 10 support by Lenovo, it is not listed.  

Further it states explicitly that your processor is not supported (Intel 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processors (Sandy Bridge) -- as it is not supported by Intel and Microsoft for Windows 10.)  

Which could explain the issues you are seeing.  The suggested first step would be to run a supported Operating System. 

balen_are
Paper Tape
Views: 683
Message 7 of 7

hi again, my Windows 10 system has no driver problem, it works fine and Windows 10 runs quite smoothly with all the latest Lenovo drivers perfectly installed. My system has a BIOS problem, and I can't find any info on Lenovo B590 HM77 BIOS or any tools to backup or at least scan the BIOS for problems. The change that I wanted to make is, right now in Windows 10, I have two recognised graphics GPU, one is internal with the system's CPU, and one is an Nvidia seperately mounted on the mainbaord. Windows 10 don't let me to disable the interal GPU and use onyl Nvidia, because, I think, BIOS don't allow that. But I have come to a conclusion that Lenovo simply has no support, that's it. But thank you a bunch! Smiley Very Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors