02-10-2014 03:32 AM
Hello to Lenovo community from a newcomer!
I've bought a B590 and installed a Win 7 64bit
I have installed all available drivers from the support page and have the following issue:
i see 2 graphics devices
Intel HD Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M
the discrete card is disabled with error code 43 and has an exclamation mark near it (http://i.imgur.com/pFkjloq.png sorry my system language is russian)
Moreover, if i start the NVidia Control Panel it gives me an error with text: "current display is not connected to nvidia GP"
GeFoerce Experience is not starting with a back-end error (http://i.imgur.com/AmDkHE0.png)
Now here are the ways i tried to use but it did not help:
1. Enable high performance and update with manually downloaded nvidia driver
2. Do the same with HDMI cble connected to a plasma
3. Disable \ enable the device (screen goes black, than to normal and everything stays the same)
4. Format c: reinstall Win8.1 64 and install all drivers - same thing
5. Format c: reinstall Win7 64 and install the graphics drivers after everything else (h1d9d9.exe h2d903.exe)
6. Update GT720M drivers from device manager (driver is up to date)
7. Run a high-performance 3D game (War Thunder) - it uses Intel HD
What else can i do?
I saw people with switchable graphics use some kind of application to specify the game-apps that should use a discrete videocard. I don't have such an app to specify my games.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-10-2014 07:27 AM - edited 02-10-2014 07:28 AM
Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!
Can you try under Device Manager Uninstall the Intel Graphcis "make sure to place a check on a prompt saying delete driver software for this device"
After Uninstalling it do the same on the Nvidia Then restart the system.
Try repeating the steps untill the Uninstall prompt does not show a check box "delete driver software for this device" anymore.
Do another restart and Install the following in this sequence
See if that works
Hope this helps
02-11-2014 03:36 AM
Did not work that way.
Here are some strange thing that were encountered while trying your solution:
1. Deleted Intel HD driver (with software via checkbox you prompted)
3. After that In device manager I see 2 cards:
- unknown VGA controller
- nVidia GT 720M without exclamation mark (it disappeared)!
But the NV Control panel still did not find any nvidia GP connected to the monitor.
Proceeding to next steps
4. Deleting NV driver (with checkbox)
6. Install Intel Driver (h1d217ww.exe), Reboot
7. Install Optimus driver features for nVidia (h1d929ww.exe), reboot
8. Same issue (exclamation mark near NV card and error 43 on it)
Tried the following:
1. Delete both drivers, reboot
2. Install only Optimus driver (h1d929ww.exe. It install both drivers btw), reboot
3. Same problem
4.Delete Intel driver, reboot
5. And here is the funny thing: video freezes on boot screen, windows continues to boot, I hear the win-started melody, i can even enter passord and logon and hear the Logon sound, but the screen shows the boot-screen
6. Reboot to safe mode
7/ In device manager i see standard VGA controller and NV card with no exclamation mark
I think the problem is in the drivers incompatibility or incompatibily with system resources cards use.
BTW i can't swith BIOS to Discrete card. Only "integrated" and "switchable" options are available.
No updates for bios. Current version 1.06
02-11-2014 04:10 AM
Even more suprizes:
Continued from the previous post
8. In Safe mode installed Optimus driver (h1d903ww), reboot to Win normally
9. Both cards present in DevMngr. But the Intel card has exclamation mark (err 52, driver not signed) and NV card is OK
10. Games did not start in this configuration
11. Now installing Intel certified driver h1d217ww
02-11-2014 04:34 AM
12. Intel HD graphics driver h1d217ww.exe is older than one included in OPTIMUS h1d903ww.exe. Nevertheless installing. Reboot
13. Same issue (NV card with exclamation mark and err 43)
Games do start but it seems they use Intel HD controller (low fps).
How do i know the graphics card switched? I don't have any indicator LEDs or stuff. BTW all this was made on high-performance battery plan.
Should i phisically turn to support with my warranty?
Any other ideas?
02-16-2014 06:30 AM
The only way to make both devices work correctly and have option to choose videocard for application is
I updated to 1.16
Everything works well from no on. 1.06 is somewhat corrupted.
09-02-2014 04:22 PM
09-04-2014 11:31 AM
Dear I have same problem but I cant find update of bios for 1.16 .... and I have b490 Lenovo laptop.. wiil you plzz give me link for that bios for 1.16 ??