Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsy
Paper Tape
Views: 867
Message 1 of 4

B590 not compatible with Win 10 latest updates

I bought my B590 2 years ago. It is not on the list of laptops compatible with the latest Win 10 updates. Updates fail to installl and I get messages saying the latest security updtes can't be installed until the Win 10 updates are completed. This means my 2 year old laptop is now useless. Any suggestions?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 862
Message 2 of 4

Re: B590 not compatible with Win 10 latest updates

The Lenovo's Support website is down, so I cannot see if your system is compatible with the fall update, but it sounds like some previous updates failed to install, so you should check the Windows Update History to see what the current status of Windows Updates is on your system.

How to Check Windows Update History 

• Press Windows Key + i  to open Settings (or right-click on Start and select Settings)
  • Select "Updates and Security"
  • select "View Installed Updates History"

Note any updates that failed to complete, and then report back their KB<number

Cheers,

dsy
Paper Tape
Views: 842
Message 3 of 4

I checked previously - both 1607 and 1703 failed. The new development is the security updates warning. Windows has become unusable and Lenovo seems to have abandoned me....

SeniorGuru
Views: 823
Message 4 of 4

You will need to uninstall updates that were installed out of order (after 1607 and 1703) reboot and then run windows update manually.

It should pull in the proper updates. BTW - Windows 10 and the update app it uses is buggy and even some computers that are built with compaitble parts do not work well with the update process.

Cheers.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors