Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodolforizzo76
Paper Tape
Views: 235
Message 1 of 6

BIOS update from ISO for LENOVO B50-10

I can not find the ISO file anywhere to update the BIOS on my Lenovo B50-10 - MP149H5E Series Number - 80QR0007IX Machine Type Model. On the site I only see exe files for windows. Using linux I need the ISO file. Where can I find it?

Greetings.

SeniorGuru
Views: 199
Message 2 of 6

Re: BIOS update from ISO for LENOVO B50-10

If your system is working fine as is, you really do not need to update the BIOS on it, and can bypass the updates safely.

I only update BIOS files that address issues (new CPU or other hardware) as there is always a good chance that the update process will fail and "brick" the system.

Also - most update files are now Windows dependent, as they use a proprietary flasher to update the BIOS firmware that works from within windows.

I do not know if an emulator used on Linux can access the BIOS chips to flash them or not.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 198
Message 3 of 6

Hello rodolforizzo76!

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums!

We apologize as of this moment we only have an exe file for windows to update BIOS. We'll submit your feedback and hopefully an ISO file will be available for linux. Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

rodolforizzo76
Paper Tape
Views: 195
Message 4 of 6

Ok, thanks for your answers, in truth the pc works, only sometimes happens during shutdown, the kde logo remains and the pc stays on, at which point I have to force it off by keeping the power button pressed. It does not always happen, only sometimes. And maybe the bios is not guilty of this.

Greetings

SeniorGuru
Views: 193
Message 5 of 6

Usually if KDE hangs at shutdown, it is with one of the background processes not terminating when it should. If memory serves correct, you can drill down in the Linux system logs to find the "sticky" process.... This is from when I was using Fedora and Mint distro's a couple of years back.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Highlighted
rodolforizzo76
Paper Tape
Views: 192
Message 6 of 6

CBHedricks - Thanks for your feedback. I will investigate what you have suggested.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors