Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalebuoy
Paper Tape
Views: 559
Message 1 of 2

Black screen, not booting no lights, no BIOS, no caps G50-80 Laptop

My G50-80 Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 80L0 running Win10 stopped working back in 2016, My warranty ran out right when it returned from repairs and lucky for me it just happened to break 2 weeks after being repaired! I tried a few things back then but nothing worked and I gave up, buying a cheap laptop just to get me through my job. I'm returning to this laptop though because I feel like it can be fixed and I want to give it to a friend if I can fix it.

I've tried hard resetting, with and without battery. Opened it up, reseated ram and memory. I can't access BIOS. I plugged it into an HDMI display to see if something was wrong with the laptop display. I might have done a bunch of other things I can't remember. Nothing has worked. I did notice when reseating that my laptop had room for a two-part memory but the second part wasn't there, I don't know if this was a mistake by the repair team? Or if it's not needed. (My computer knowledge is lacking.) 

I sent my laptop in for repair because the USB got overloaded and broke every input on the right side of the computer. They replaced everything but what the computer needed to work again and sent it back, so I sent it in again..... This time it came back fixed. My warranty ended. And then it broke 2 weeks later. I'm tired of my laptops crapping out and I just want to fix them myself so I don't have to keep buying what I can't afford. (Also can't afford to send it in and have it fixed, if nothing works I guess I'll just sell its parts...)

Please help... so tired of this.

addysmith97
Fanfold Paper
Views: 523
Message 2 of 2

Re: Black screen, not booting no lights, no BIOS, no caps G50-80 Laptop

Hello friend, I think a simple way to eliminate power is to plug in the charger and take out the battery and turn it on... you'll discover all the lights will turn on (as you said) and obviously the screen still won't work a laptop is capable of running just from the charger.
as for the black screen issue, I would most likely say its a graphics card problem which if your laptop uses integrated graphics then its CPU or onboard graphics is the mobo. either way, it would most likely be cheaper to just buy a whole new laptop because labor on laptops is quite expensive

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors