Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xaniotis75
Blue Screen Again
Views: 19,613
Message 1 of 9

Bluetooth Lenovo G50- windows 8 problem

I have Levono G580 with windows 8 pre installed. Bluetooth was not working. I update driver and it worked just for one day. After that from devise manager there is a message saying unknown divise and when I tried to update driver again there is a message saying Qualcomm Atheros bluetooth access is denied. I have tried anything you can imagine (search for drivers manually,update windows but still nothing. Can anyone help?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 19,582
Message 2 of 9

Re: Bluetooth Lenovo G50- windows 8 problem

hi xaniotis75,

Your issue might be similar to this thread.

Can you try the following:

1. Uninstall the Bluetooth and Lenovo Energy Manage driver from the Programs list and reboot the PC.

2. During the reboot, continuously tap the F2 key to boot into the BIOS. When you're in, press F9 to load setup defaults and press F10 to save and exit BIOS.

3. When the unit boots back into Windows, re-install the following:

Bluetooth Driver (Cybertan, Liteon)

v12.0.0.1671/8.0.0.206

0pbl07w8.exe
327MB

Lenovo Energy Management
cagt26ww.exe
21.2MB

If bluetooth driver doesn't install, try this Bluetooth® for Windows® software from.Broadcom.

4. Turn the Bluetooth ON by pressing Fn+F5 and check if the bluetooth capability is now ON.

Let me know your findings

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

xaniotis75
Blue Screen Again
Views: 19,555
Message 3 of 9

Thank you very much for your help. Unfortunatelly it didn;t work out. In the beggining I couldn;t unistall energy manage driver so I change settings and I logged in as administrator. I unitstall everything that you mentioned. I reboot the system I entered bios and reset to defult. I was able to intstall energy manage driver  again but I received the same messages with bluetooth. From Bluetooth Driver (Cybertan, Liteon I received the message your system has not been modified and from Bluetooth windows softwear after a while of searching the message "please plug in bluetooth". Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks again for your help.

xaniotis75
Blue Screen Again
Views: 19,518
Message 4 of 9

There is a program named Qualcomm Atheros Client Installation Program that I cannot uninstall and I am wondorring if this is the reason that cannot install bluetooth driver correctly. If that's the problem can anyone help me unistalling this program?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 19,496
Message 5 of 9

hi xaniotis75,

You probably have a different Bluetooth module or the bluetooth adapter is faulty that's why it's not being detected by the driver. To verify that we're installing the right driver for the hardware, install AIDA 64 Extreme post the device info here (see spoiler).

Spoiler
bluetooth.png

Regarding the Qualcomm Atheros Client, this is probably a software for your wireless card, If you can't uninstall this under Control Panel > Programs, install Revo Uninstaller Portable and do an advanced uninstall.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

xaniotis75
Blue Screen Again
Views: 19,470
Message 6 of 9

I quess we are close to the solution. By running AIDA 64 Extreme the screen I got had nothing to do with the spoiler you sent me. There is not Bluetooth radio devices at window divices at all. The only thing  I can see is at USB devices at port 3 saying Atheros Communications Bluetooth USB Host Contrller (bluetooth USB Host Controller) with following characteristics:

Field                                                         Value
Device Properties   
Device Description                                Atheros Communications Bluetooth USB Host Controller
Device ID                                                  0CF3-3004
Device Class                                           E0 / 01 (Bluetooth)
Device Protocol                                       01
Manufacturer                                           Atheros Communications
Product                                                     Bluetooth USB Host Controller
Serial Number                                        Alaska Day 2006
Supported USB Version                        1.10
Current Speed                                         Full  (USB 1.1)

What can I do now?

Thank you very much for your help

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 19,448
Message 7 of 9

hi xaniotis75,

It's either something wrong with the hardware or the device is not synching properly in Windows. Have you considered backup up your data and doing a Refresh or Reset Windows 8?

neokenchi

xaniotis75
Blue Screen Again
Views: 19,348
Message 8 of 9

Re: Bluetooth Lenovo G580- windows 8 problem

I refresh windows reinsert all back up data and everything works great. Bluetooth is working perfectly. I am wondering were the problem came from in order not to have the same problems in the future. Thank you very much for your help. You are a great support team.

Lm6-
What's DOS?
Views: 893
Message 9 of 9

Bluetooth works but the range of the bluetooth and wifi decreased 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors