Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abdulbadii
Punch Card
Views: 340
Message 1 of 4

Bluetooth Not Listed under Device Manager in my Lenovo G40

Bluetooth Not Listed under Device Manager in my Lenovo G40 and for sure when installing Bluetooth driver for Broadcom it says bluetooth device not detected...

SeniorGuru
Views: 319
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bluetooth Not Listed under Device Manager in my Lenovo G40

In device manager look for any "unknown" devices. If found, right click and choose properties then look for "details" tab and choose drop down for Hardware ID. Copy and past into google for a listing of devices using that ID, then compare to list of drivers for your device on Lenovo support page for drivers and updates.

Apply the right driver, reboot and it should load new devices. Might take more than one reboot to bring in all of them.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
abdulbadii
Punch Card
Views: 299
Message 3 of 4

Answer my question

Let Driver Identifier software do its wonderful work

Follow its instructions and procedures until download option from either its or Lenovo's drivers repository.

SeniorGuru
Views: 252
Message 4 of 4

You will need to make sure you have hardware listed with "Unknown Device" in the Device Manager - otherwise you may not have a device present to enable...

If no "unknown device" listed, then you do not have a working module to install drivers for. This could be from defective hardware or even missing hardware.

Check your shipping box, or the product invoice to make sure Bluetooth was listed as an installed component when shipped, or contact Lenovo Support via phone, provide them with serial number (do not post in forum) and they will tell you if it was included and point you to the right drivers.

This forum is used by all to provide (help) answers if possible from users to users, and should not be confused with official Lenovo Support.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors