Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

04-16-2021

India

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Bluetooth devices not detected by the laptop

2021-04-16, 4:53 AM

I am using the laptop model mentioned below. I learned from the manual of the laptop that this model doesn't have an in-built bluetooth adapter. So I purchased one blutooth dongle (CSR 4.0) and connected with the laptop. I found drivers for CSR 4.0 in the internet and installed the same. And the system automatically instaled the bluetooth drivers (Bluetooth Generic Radio and Microsoft Blurtooth Enumerator). Now, the bluetooth icon is showing in the Notification Area Icons but when I click it  'Allow a device to connect' is disabled. Also, I opened the bluetooth settings and checked the box of 'Allow bluetooth devices to detect this computer' and 'Allow bluetooth devices to connect to this computer'. Still when I try to add my bluetooth headset it doesn't show it. It doesn't detect my mobile also. I checked the visibility of the devices also. It doesn't show any of the bluetooth devices during the search. Please do the needful

Model:

G40-45 Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 80E1

Serial No. ********

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse.

Options

1724 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

104 Signins

9965 Page Views

• Views: 9965
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Bluetooth devices not detected by the laptop

2021-04-16, 19:44 PM

Hello Subahani,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I would like to advise trying to update your Bluetooth drivers using the recommended driver from support site. On the support page, please enter your machine serial number, go to Drivers and Software tab, click on Manual update and then update the drivers. Restart your machine when installation is complete.

If this did not show any change to your device, I might advise downloading the Bluetooth drivers from the support site first. Then fully uninstall the Bluetooth driver from the Device Manager, make sure to tick the checkbox to fully uninstall the driver. Install the Bluetooth driver you have downloaded from support page then restart the machine.

Update us how it goes.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms