Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

05-02-2015

Pakistan

6 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 1 of 4

Booting problem on Windows Installation

2015-05-02, 16:08 PM

Hello,

I had installed Samsung SSD Pro 840 on Lenovo G510 with the help of Samsung Data Migration and it was working perfectly but now i want to install new windows and its stucked on the boot progress.

Some months ago i had installed new BIOS ver. 3.07 to 3.09. Furthermore, I have installed the Seagate harddrive now but having same booting issue. Maybe of BIOS ver. ?

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4461 Signins

274737 Page Views

• Views: 274737
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Booting problem on Windows Installation

2015-05-04, 13:26 PM

hi jklogic,

Welcome to the Forums.

A few questions:

1. Is the Seagate drive the orignal HDD that came with the machine (with Win8.1 preloaded)? If yes, is the system stucked on the lenovo screen (similar to this thread) or during/after the windows loading screen?

2. What other version of Windows are you trying to install on the Samsung SSD? If you're trying to install Windows 7 or older, have you tried to the set the following in the BIOS?

Security Tab:

Secure Boot = Disabled

Boot Tab:

UEFI = Disabled

Boot Mode = Legacy

Exit Tab:

OS Optimized Defaults = Other OS

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

05-02-2015

Pakistan

6 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 3 of 4

2015-05-07, 15:06 PM

Well i have fixed the issue with help of some blog tutorial. All i want to know that the recovery usb drive. I have made the .image extension image from PowerISO as a backup so if i install all those files with the help of PowerISO to my usb drive will it make same bootable ?

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4461 Signins

274737 Page Views

• Views: 274737
  • Message 4 of 4

2015-05-07, 18:52 PM

hi there,

Good to know you got the issue sorted out.

I haven't tried creating an .ISO image using the files in a recovery drive but if you successfully backed it up and formatted the flashdrive, you will need to make the flashdrive bootable again and select the .ISO image that you created (see option 2 or 3 of the guide below)

How to Create a Bootable USB or DVD with a Windows 8 or 8.1 ISO

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms