01-02-2018

US

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 1 of 2

Broken Charger Clip? Lenovo G51-35

2018-01-02, 17:06 PM

About a year ago, I dropped my laptop on its charger and Geek Squad took it and fixed my motherboard. The charger port was kind of loose but I never thought much about it until a couple of months ago it became very loose. I have to hold the charger in a specific way for it to charge. 

I took it to a repair shop on my campus and they said the piece/clip that holds the charger part inside the computer was probably loose or broken considering my laptop was still working. They couldn’t take it and fix it because it was finals time. I’ve been on break but I go back to school soon so I need to get this fixed. Can anyone tell me if they’ve had this problem or what I can do to fix it? It’s out of warranty so I cannot go back to Geek Squad. 

Options

12077 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7115 Signins

743149 Page Views

• Views: 743149
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Broken Charger Clip? Lenovo G51-35

2018-01-02, 19:53 PM

Hi ka2020,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You can have the DC-in cable replaced.

You can get the internal cable part number here in the parts lookup page like Part number 90205112 ACLU1DC-INCableDIS.

This would need to take out several parts so you can consider your school IT center if they can do it for you. Here are the directions from the manual (page 62-63).

Hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete