SI

31 Signins

137 Page Views

• Views: 137
  • Message 1 of 4

Built-in speakers won't work on Lenovo G71O

2017-07-01, 9:25 AM

Hey!

I have an issue with my Lenovo G710. My built-in speakers don't work, and when i try to open the sound manager there are no devices shown. The same goes for the audio jack - it doesn't work. Although my Logitech G430 USB Headset works.

I've already tried to update the IDT High Definition Audio driver but i can't update it because it says that there are no devices plugged in or something among these lines.

I am really upset about this issue and none of the tutorials work for me, so I am starting to think that this is a hardware issue with my built-in speakers.

Anyway, I would appreciate any replies!

Thanks!

Žan

Options

3815 Posts

12-24-2015

IN

2177 Signins

71411 Page Views

• Views: 71411
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Built-in speakers won't work on Lenovo G71O

2017-07-03, 11:25 AM

Hi, K3Lbic      -

Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.

Just to check, when you play an audio and the sound is set to output from the built-in speakers, is the volume fluctuating from the sound icon? 

If the volume is fluctuating, try to uninstall the Audio Driver (this will make Windows use a generic audio driver), are you able to get sound from the built-in speakers?

If the sound still doesn't work using the generic audio driver then I'm afraid there's a problem with the speakers (most likely a short on the wires or from the speaker itself). In this case, I recommend you contact Lenovo and report the issue as you may need to send the unit for service.

When you have a moment, can you please refer to this bug that was filed regarding a similar issue and let me know if it is relevant to the problem you are seeing?

Update us how it goes.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented

Options

8 Posts

05-08-2016

SI

31 Signins

137 Page Views

• Views: 137
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-07-15, 18:14 PM

Thanks for the reply!

I tried fixing my problem with your solution but apparently it doesn't work. After i tried to install my driver a message pop up that said that hardware detected is not supported and that the install will now exit.

Also, there is NO volume, it is not fluctuating or anything, so now I guess it is very obvious that this is indeed a hardware issue.

If you have any solutions left please let me know.

Thanks for your help!

Options

3815 Posts

12-24-2015

IN

2177 Signins

71411 Page Views

• Views: 71411
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-07-18, 5:27 AM

Could be a loose connection inside the laptop. I would recommend contacting Lenovo service centres for better assistance.

Schedule a Call-back for faster support

English 24 hours a day 7 days/week 

During business hours, you may also engage with live chat support.

Update us how it goes.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete