Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SD_musician
Serial Port
Views: 5,618
Message 1 of 7

CAPS LOCK AND NUM LOCK LIGHT NOT WORKING ON G 570

Even when I am typing this message it becomes difficult if my G 570 has the num lock on or off, same thing happens with caps lock. Have to guess all the time and correct the typos.. NONE OF THE  LIGHTS - CAPS LOCK OR NUM LOCK IS WORKING. DURING BOOT UP AND JUST AFTER BOOT UP, THE LIGHTS SEEM TO WORK PERFECTLY, BUT AFTER STARTUP THE LIGHTS BECOME COMPLETELY DEAD!Man Sad difficult working with guessing business and toggling these always basing on trial and error.. Smiley Mad

PLEASE HELP!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,607
Message 2 of 7

Re: CAPS LOCK AND NUM LOCK LIGHT NOT WORKING ON G 570

hi SD_musician,

Can you try to:

1. Check this registry fix to disable or enable the Num Lock key at startup

2. Referring to this article, try to press Fn+F8 to enable numlock at the Windows login screen then press the power button to shutdown / restart the PC.

3. Check for an updated BIOS from the lenovo website to fix both capslock and numlock issue (press Windows Key+Rt > type msinfo32 then press Enter to know your BIOS version).

Note:

Backup your important files and follow this readme instructions before updating the BIOS.

Let me know your findings.

Cheers.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

SD_musician
Serial Port
Views: 5,593
Message 3 of 7

thanks!

tried regedit tweak. now working fine. found nothing in boot setup .. during boot up..

but now I have a new problem relating to registry. Whenever windows 7 login it shows an automatically opened up notepad with file name "desktop.ini"

I paste the text that is written in the document:

"[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787

"

SD_musician
Serial Port
Views: 5,590
Message 4 of 7

checking msinfo32 I found BIOS version:

BIOS Version/Date LENOVO 40CN20WW(V1.07), 1/22/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.7

I shall follow the upgrade later, when I have more time and patience, now I am running.. !! Also am a bit scared about BIOS update; nevr tried it b4..Robot tongue

thanks for all help

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,577
Message 5 of 7

hi SD_musician,

Good to know your capslock/numlock issue went away. You can postpone the BIOS update for the meantime.

Can you try this fix on the notepad issue:

How to Fix Notepad Opens Randomly by Itself on Windows 7

Let me know your findings

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

SD_musician
Serial Port
Views: 5,167
Message 6 of 7

I finally got time,  and now upgraded the system to win 8 pro. activation was easy!

things work like wonder... it loads faster..

thank you! but in the device manager it shows one unknown device.. I don't know what it is..
Is there a way to find out what this could be?

Moreover, I have installed the latest driver for card reader (win 8), but still it asks to format a SDHC card whenever I insert the same.. and, fails to open it. However, the same card works flawlessly on all other systems I have tried.

Please help!

thanks!

SD_musician
Serial Port
Views: 5,164
Message 7 of 7

card.pngI added one screenshot of what happens

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors