cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ALEEF02
Blue Screen Again
Views: 486
Message 1 of 3

CPU fan starts up randomly in the middle of the night and not able to turn on the computer

So ive had a Lenovo notebook G50-45 for about 2 years now. Over those 2 years, ive had little to no problems with it. 2 days ago at about 3 in the morning, while I was sleeping, the CPU fan starting blowing like a jet engine. I woke up from the noise and heard that it was coming from the computer. I lift the lid of the laptop, but the screen doesn't turn on. No amount of pressing the power button, moving the mouse, or pressing keys would turn the display on. So, i hold the power button to restart, and it restarts. When i logged in, everything seemed ok. No blasting CPU fan, display was on, and the computer was at normal speeds. I even ran a couple of virus scans. Nothing detected. This exact thing happens on the next night. That's when i came here. Any ideas on what the issue is an how i should fix it? Thank you! 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 455
Message 2 of 3

Re: CPU fan starts up randomly in the middle of the night and not able to turn on the computer

Look in the event log to see what is going on at the time it starts up.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
ALEEF02
Blue Screen Again
Views: 453
Message 3 of 3

Re: CPU fan starts up randomly in the middle of the night and not able to turn on the computer

@richk wrote:

Look in the event log to see what is going on at the time it starts up.

It's not happening at startup. I put the computer in sleep mode in the middle of the night

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors