Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Don491
Paper Tape
Views: 181
Message 1 of 2

Can not update bios on G580 20157

A friend had a malware attack, a beeping error on Chrome about a Windows Defender error running Win 10. She managed to shut down Chrome and then shut off her computer. She tried turn back on, but it would not. I managed to start the computer by removing battery , AC power and the bios battery. The only way to turn on is to remove all of the above and then reinsert bios battery and connect AC power. The keyboard does not work properly, types mostly 6s and a few other characters (ie the shift key types an 's'). No wifi, no CD, no mouse touchpad. I can get into Windows 8, which I restored from factory partiton. Did not affect the operation. I assumed that the bios must have been over written, so I downloaded an update, but it will not install. Program goes through the motions, but the old bios is still there. I am using an external USB KB and mouse. I still can not get into the bios. Is there a way to "force" a bios update?

Don491
Paper Tape
Views: 150
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can not update bios on G580 20157

Also, the prompts to enter the bios do not appear when the laptop is 'restarted'

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors