cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niallasher
Blue Screen Again
Views: 282
Message 1 of 2

Can somebody help me with removing the top clamshell on a G51-35?

As the title implies, I want to remove the entire top clamshell of a G51, and use it with an external monitor. I know I can just add a kbd/mouse and close the lid, but I have a very specific idea of what I want to do here. My aim is to have just the bottom part of the laptop on the desk, connected to a monitor with HDMI, while using the built in keyboard and trackpad to interact with it.

Does anybody know how to do this? I couldn't find any information of this.

Thank you in advance.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 249
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can somebody help me with removing the top clamshell on a G51-35?

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

The Hardware Maintenance Manual for your model will explain how to disconnect the various cables and remove the hinge screws to release the lid.   The complete tear down of the laptop maybe unnecessary if you can access the cabling and screws with just the keyboard and keyboard bezel removed.  I can't say for sure as I've never had the opportunity of working inside that model. Keep in mind though that the wireless antennas are usually contained in the lid if that feature is needed.   Here is a link to that manual.....

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g41_51-35_hmm_201505.pdf

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors