Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j4v1
Paper Tape
Views: 516
Message 1 of 9

Can't do anything - No Bios - Lenovo B590

Hello,

I have full format HDD: i removed it from computer, and make full format on external computer. Next to that, i put the HDD, and the computer shows this screen and no posibilities to do any other thing:
Used both buttons:

medium.jpg2.jpg

its the only screen that i can show, computer works moving 1st to end, but pressing enter reboot to same screen.

I tried to put all keys, f2, f12, enter, del, supr, fn+f2 fn+f2... etc... no one give me to BIOS. And pressing whatever comand the computer returns the same boot menu, dont do anything

thanks for your time!

SeniorGuru
Views: 483
Message 2 of 9

Re: Can't do anything - No Bios - Lenovo B590

Turn off the computer, then use the small button that is on the right side of the power button. That little button is the "Novo" button that will put the computer into a boot up screen that should allow you to enter bios.

Once in bios, check for and adjust settings as needed.

Also - if you need to format and install an OS to the new hard disk drive, to return to "factory" condition, you will need recovery disks, or a retail version of Windows.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
j4v1
Paper Tape
Views: 469
Message 3 of 9

hi,

thanks for the quickly reply.

I did it, i tried "all" the posibilities;

-Using the small button, and it starts in same screen that big button, but i tried to press f2, f12, etc buttons, and no one go to BIOS...

This is my big problem.... have you another idea? or any other combination for coming to bios? any other button?

thanks!

SeniorGuru
Views: 466
Message 4 of 9

If you are getting the blue backed screen of options that you show in pictures, then look at the top and go to applications and see what it is listing.

Post back with updates.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
j4v1
Paper Tape
Views: 450
Message 5 of 9

the listing is like as 2nd picture, but if i press enter in anyone of the list, the computer does anything... (screen off 1sec and loop back to the same blue screen) this with all options....

SeniorGuru
Views: 421
Message 6 of 9

It sounds like the HDD is not completely blank, or in "unallocated" condition. If it retains any formatting at all it may not boot correctly and lock you into this cycle.

Have you tried booting from a DVD (Linux DVD) or a USB stick with an OS on it? If not, you can find a Linux DVD - I use Linux Mint - to boot the computer and manage the hard disk drive that way.

If it will not boot from any option then it may mean that it needs to be diagnosed deeper (service bench) to be properly fixed.

Good luck
CB

j4v1
Paper Tape
Views: 397
Message 7 of 9

thanks for the solution.

I tried it before ask, with live version of ubuntu and windows, and with other HDD with ss.oo running in another computer correctly, and the problems are 100% the same. Same blue screen with boot options... never can do other thing. For this im asking about any combination of keys for entering bios, or any to evade this boot menu...

thanks!

SeniorGuru
Views: 394
Message 8 of 9

The "novo" button is the only way to enter BIOS from this model of notebook. If you are not able to get further than the screens you are showing in the posts, this is an issue with BIOS and may require the system to be diagnosed in a Lenovo repair center or authorized service center to bring back to working status.

j4v1
Paper Tape
Views: 378
Message 9 of 9

yes, this is the problem.... but im sure we can have any solutions... or any different mode to entering bios, no? its the 1st computer that shows that problem and can't fix it Smiley Frustrated

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors