Did you mean: 
Distig
Blue Screen Again
Views: 340
Message 1 of 2

Can't start Windows 7 setup

Hello,

Having Lenovo b50-80

I had Windows 7 Ultimate with GPT partition. I want to install Windows 7 Home Premium with MBR partition.

I started with formating HDD through dispart and converting it to MBR.

Then I inserted my USB stick with Windows installation ( I already used it on a Lenovo ThinkPad and it was Okay)

But it don't want to boot from USB.

I looked all other internet for a solution and tried a lot of things. Ofcourse first of all I enabled Legacy Support and Legacy First, then disabled Secure Boot, Boot order, changed USB port (now using USB 2.0 ofcourse). But nothing helped. Now, using recovery mode I go to Boot Menu and select my flash drive but it just flashes the screen like trying to start booting from USB and the just restarts after 1 second and goes again the same. When I enabled Lan boot, I can see in console that it starts booting from USB smthing like "Starting booting from USB device..." and right after it, I see logs from LAN boot, restart and again the same. So... windows installation don't start no matter what I used.

Beg you for help

SeniorGuru
Views: 299
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can't start Windows 7 setup

wipe the hard drive, leave in unformatted state. Download the ISO from Microsoft for Windows re-install, create a new USB and try booting from it. If successful, have Windows format and partition during install script and it should default to MBR use.

Just on a side note, why MBR - GPT has better options and is more secure...

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors