Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starfire1801
What's DOS?
Views: 87,655
Message 1 of 6

Cannot Access Lenovo G500s BIOS.. please help

Hi all,

I recently bought Lenovo G500s laptop. Initially it came with DOS. So, i took up partioning the HDD for installing Windows 7. So i changed the boot order to USB drive. Partioned my HDD and went on to install Win 7 through USB Disk. But now it says "Missing Operating System" and i cannot access the system BIOS using the Function keys. I guess, i had also messed up UEFI/Legacy settings in BIOS earlier. But now i cannot access the BIOS at all.

Can anyone provide me solution to undo the same or reset the corrupt BIOS. Probably by uploading the G500s BIOS file, so that i can flash it in my laptop.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 87,432
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot Access Lenovo G500s BIOS.. please help

hi starfire1801,

Welcome to the Forums.

During boot-up, if pressing Fn+F2 does allow you to access the BIOS, can you try to:

1. Remove the AC adapter and battery then press the power button for 20secs.

2. Reconnect the AC adapter and press the OneKey Recovery button. If a menu appears, choose BIOS Setup.

3. If you get the same problem, download a free copy of Windows 8 Enterprise (90day trial) and install it on the system. When you get Windows 8 up and running, try accessing theBIOs via the UEFI Firmware Settings.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

AIS
Paper Tape
Views: 59,879
Message 3 of 6

I have disconnected my hdd cable but its whowing a error message regarding my cable error! till this situation, i did not get into bios even. Would you please tell me what could happened with? I have discussed a local technitian he told me this is a bios probelem. Please help what should I do. Thanks!

rptilekar
What's DOS?
Views: 57,476
Message 4 of 6

Still cannot access Smiley Sad

No menu appears !!

Is there any other way to reset bios..?

zgordan_vv
What's DOS?
Views: 50,329
Message 5 of 6

Thank you to show me how to enter G505 BIOS! Smiley Happy

ritchie_baby
What's DOS?
Views: 23,097
Message 6 of 6

I did an old trick I use with several makes to get into bios. press (if req FN Key) and run your fingers along all fn keys. Worked with this and several other models. Also Dell and Toshiba makes

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors