Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

11-15-2014

Philippines

13 Signins

83 Page Views

• Views: 83
  • Message 1 of 6

Cannot enter Windows Advance Boot Options; Lenovo G550, Windows 7

2014-11-15, 1:54 AM

So, here's what happened: I left my laptop for a while and when the battery drained, it shut off. The next time I turned it on, the Lenovo logo was there but windows was not booting leaving me with a black screen. I've been trying to get into the Boot options to fix the problem but no matter how many times I press F8 it's not working. Is there a specific time to press F8? For how long do I have to keep pressing it? And every time I repeatedly press F8, there's an annoying beeping sound. Is that normal?

Options

131 Posts

02-02-2013

United States of America

468 Signins

8082 Page Views

• Views: 8082
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot enter Windows Advance Boot Options; Lenovo G550, Windows 7

2014-11-15, 5:45 AM
hello recharge. in Your case the beeping is a good sign. yes there's too many ways to interrupt normal startup. the old access ibm button, the think button, the one key recovery button (the arc-ing backward arrow on Your G550,) machine specific has been numerous combinations; try these for lenovo = F11 key or enter key. read about your one touch key. Seems more likely you are looking for what the F2 or F1 key will do prior to post. but why so hasty to get into advanced configuration? recovery? if it is a power up delay? Charge it up. if stuck hold the power button down for four seconds to terminate all. Charge up. remove ac and battery + depress power button four seconds. Charge. should be normal. probably back on before i could write this. hoping. Tell forum the circumstances and specifics of your machine to aid response in forum.
find joy.
Options

5 Posts

11-15-2014

Philippines

13 Signins

83 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2014-11-17, 6:46 AM

Hello! Thanks for replying! I tried what you suggested but Windows still won't boot. This is the first time this has happened. Anyway, here are the specifics:

• Lenovo G550 (I've had this for about 4 years already. No problems with booting until recently but the battery drains quickly so it's almost perpetually connected to the charger)
  • This has Windows 7 Home Premium
  • One Key recovery is not working
  • I keep pressing F8 but the boot options are not coming out (how exactly do you get to it?)
  • There were no problems (aside from the battery) prior to this situation. 

So, yeah that's pretty much it. I tried to do a hard reset but nothing. When I turn it on, the Lenovo logo comes out; I can still access the Bios and F12 still works but no Windows. So please, there hasn't been a problem with this laptop before and now it's suddenly not booting Windows? I'm slightly panicky. Any help is appreciated!

Options

5 Posts

11-15-2014

Philippines

13 Signins

83 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2014-11-17, 7:54 AM

UPDATE: I tried the One Key Recovery System and it worked (apparently, I was going about it the wrong way). Now, I tried to restore it to the factory settings since I'm all right with losing my files and stuff (some of them were backed up anyway). So, when I tried it, there was an error. I don't remember what code it was but I do remember that when I rebooted my laptop, there was an error message saying that the windows file was either corrupt or missing. Now, I don't know how that happened when everything was fine before the battery drained. Right now I'm using One Key Recovery again and I'm running a virus scan using McAfee. I hope this'll fix this, although, I doubt it. So how do I fix this now? 

Options

5 Posts

11-15-2014

Philippines

13 Signins

83 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2014-11-17, 10:51 AM

UPDATE: So, apparently, I need a system recovery disk (I got this error: 0xc000000f; cannot find windows32.exe). Do I need my product key for that? I can hardly decipher it now so is there any way I can get my prodcut key (in case I need it)? Like, can I go to a service center and see whether they can access it through some database? Or is there anyway I can find it out without having to boot Windows (since, you know, I can't)? Is it in the BIOS or something? The command prompt, maybe (would it even display it)? Please and thank you, guys.

Options

131 Posts

02-02-2013

United States of America

468 Signins

8082 Page Views

• Views: 8082
  • Message 6 of 6

2014-11-18, 5:35 AM
we cannot tell from Your post(s) if the operating system is running or not. virus scanning reset installation? then not working? confused. the factory reset should resolve all problem. is possibly too many of these freeze on start posts since the last super Tuesday November updates. is this coincidence? or Microsoft? check this post http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/G500-startup-problem-won-t-boot-into-windows/td-p/1794831
find joy.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms