Did you mean: 
Johnius
Blue Screen Again
Views: 22,957
Message 1 of 7

Combo-Jack doesn't work on my G50-70 ?

Hi !

Sorry for my bad english.

I bought a Lenovo G50-70 there one week.
Featuring a combo-jack (audio & microphone), I plugged my iPhone headphones, but it doesn't work.
I hear great sound, but the microphone isn't recognized, how is it?

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thank's for reading.

Johnius
Blue Screen Again
Views: 22,859
Message 2 of 7

Re: Combo-Jack doesn't work on my G50-70 ?

No solution ? Smiley Sad
kjs
Paper Tape
Views: 22,689
Message 3 of 7

I have this problem too. I have tried all sorts of headphones with mic for mobile phones, but I have not been able to find any where the mic will work with this combo audio jack. I wonder if there is a wiring incompatibility.

kjs
Paper Tape
Views: 19,278
Message 4 of 7

I finally found the solution!

At the outer part of the combo audio jack socket, there is a tiny metal connector that is supposed to make contact with the innermost part of the  4 conductor combo audio jack plug. That is the part of the socket and plug that makes the microphone work. On my computer this tiny metal connector had been bent down somewhat so that it did not connect with the plug. (It was actually like that when I first purchased the computer.) After I took a needle and bent it up somewhat, connection was established with the right part of the plug, and the microphone on my mobile phone's headset worked just right.

If you are running Windows 10 64-bit, also update your Conexant SmartAudio driver to v. 8.66.4.50 for the best result.

kjs
Paper Tape
Views: 18,956
Message 5 of 7

@kjs wrote:

If you are running Windows 10 64-bit, also update your Conexant SmartAudio driver to v. 8.66.4.50 for the best result.

A bit later I found that Widows 10 automatically updated the audio driver to 8.66.16.50, and that driver did not work correctly with the audio combo jack. So I uninstalled it and went back to version 8.66.4.0 found here. I have not had any problems after that.

aruntptkd
What's DOS?
Views: 7,906
Message 6 of 7

Correct solution. I faced this issue and i did some self repair in audio jack with needile like he said. Now its working fine. Thanks brother !!

IMSHIVAM
Paper Tape
Views: 6,067
Message 7 of 7

SORRY FOR MAY bad english 

i have same probem but 

with the help of same "jugaad" its working f9 now 

trick"jugaad" is there is a small metal strip on the outer layer of headphne jack   put it out some 

becaouse after long use this pin unable to touch the mic section or thats whay computer is unable to recognise you earphone or external speaker aux 

if you face any problem plz    message me 

Link removed

i l help you immediatly 

Mod's Edit: Link to  Facebook personal page removed per Forum Rules.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors