Did you mean: 
Highlighted
aneeqazam92
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,151
Message 1 of 5

Could not change bios setting - B570e

Hi,

my laptop model is b570e and model name 20129.

When I presses f2 for boot menu or f12 for setup my lap don't open bios and directly starts windows.

I bought my lap top 10 months before it was brand new and had total 12 months warranty total. 

Any body who can guide me that either lenovo claim bios or not?

And my laptop battery timing is decreasing day by day tell me Please that lenovo claims battery or not?

I have 2 months left warranty.

Thanks in advance.

Moderator comment: Subject edited. Model added for visibility.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,118
Message 2 of 5

Re: Could not change bios setting - B570e

hi aneeqazam92,

Have you tried holding the F2 key after pressing the power button to access the BIOS? Sometimes tapping F2 doesn't work and you need to hold it for a few seconds.

Regarding the battery, if you're getting less hours than it was used to be when it was brand new (i.e. you're getting 4-5hrs before but now only 30mins-1hr) then there's a big possibility that the battery cells has already worn out (this will continue to deplete until the battery is totally dead - this usually happens over time if the computer is used more than 10hrs a day). For the replacement of the battery, you need to call lenovo for service. Support phone list here.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

aneeqazam92
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,104
Message 3 of 5

brother i tried holding F2 key after pressing the button for sometime to access the bios but it didnt work. any thing else to solve the issue and one thing my friend told me that may be bios fresh copying fix the problem so can you tell me how to copy bios? And can you tell me that how much lenovo offers laptop battery warranty?
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,109
Message 4 of 5

hi aneeqazam92,

As of now, there's no BIOS flash utility available for the Lenovo B570e (only the main repair center of lenovo or authorized service have access to tools for BIOS modifications if the public BIOS flash utility is not available).

You can try to remove the HDD (see page 47 of the hardware maintenance manual) and try to press F2 again, if it doesn't go thru, you will need to clear the CMOS settings (I recommend you let the lenovo certified technicians do this since you're still under warranty).

As for the battery, the replacement is covered under the limited standard warranty. You need to call lenovo support on how to go about getting a new battery.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

aneeqazam92
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,542
Message 5 of 5

want to extend warranty

Hi,

Bro I want to extend my laptop warranty but when I ask for it from claim center they said warranty only can be extended in first year in warranty but I have passed more then one year so tyey cant extend warranty... So my wuestion is that is there any way to extend warranty???

laptop model is B570e.

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors