cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dissapoint
What's DOS?
Views: 335
Message 1 of 1

Dead hard drive and Onekey Recovery trouble.

In good faith i managed to do system image with Onekey Recovery before my drive died fully. I did not expect that restoring would be impossible. I bought new drive, what is 250G smaller (750) but still enough for the restore (500G).

I would have NEVER used Onekey if there had been warnings that i cant use it right away on new disk (that has no service partition) and after a day of browsing i even found out that the partitions have to be the same size, making my new HD useless.

My only option so far is to to buy new 1TB HD, find somebody with 1TB HD Lenovo laptop, copy Onekey service partition and then HOPE that all works out.

Because Lenovo Onekey Recovery fails to do what it is supposed to do - provide security, i feel i have to make sure that noone of my family or friends ever buy Lenovo products.

I need either a program that can extract files from the backup image system or simple way to rebuild service partition and upgraded version of the application that can restore on smaller file system. How it all is right now is absolutely horrible.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors