Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ss90
What's DOS?
Views: 11,839
Message 1 of 12

Delete and NumLock keys not working on Lenovo B50-30

I have a brand new Lenovo B50-30 with Windows 8.1. I have noticed that both the delete key (the primary one between PrtSc and Home) and Num Lock keys are not working at all. I have updated the BIOS just in case but it is still not working. Can anyone help me?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 11,688
Message 2 of 12

Re: Delete and NumLock keys not working on Lenovo B50-30

Hi ss90

Welcome to Lenovo Community!        

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with the keyboard in your Lenovo 50-30 laptop.

As you have mentioned the delete and numlock key is not working, please check in safe mode for the issue.

Also try to check in onscreen keyboard, external keyboard also try to update the drivers and check for the issue

Click here to download the drivers.

Hope this helps! Do post us back for further queries. 

Best regards,

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

bnl
What's DOS?
Views: 11,659
Message 3 of 12

Hello,

I have the same, external keyboard works.

But keyboard on brandnew b50-30 has the same issue,

is there a solution yet?

ss90
What's DOS?
Views: 11,658
Message 4 of 12

I tried in safe mode and updated the drivers. No luck. Ended up returning
for a new one but I hope this problem doesn't occur again.

bnl
What's DOS?
Views: 11,657
Message 5 of 12

was the new one working?
andyhmorgan
What's DOS?
Views: 11,582
Message 6 of 12

Come on Lenovo. I have the same issue, same model. Is this a Hardware or more likley a Firmware issue? I just installed Office on the PC and don't want to return it.

Thanks

isaacbenedict
What's DOS?
Views: 11,502
Message 7 of 12

help  Lenovo! I have the same issue.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 11,493
Message 8 of 12

Hi All,

Please try to update the BIOS and chipset to the latest version and check for the issue, if still the issue persist then it might be issue with the keypad which needs to be replaced. Please visit the service centre for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

JVVW
Blue Screen Again
Views: 10,858
Message 9 of 12

Purchased one today, sat through Windows 8 setup.... Once it finished found I had a problem with the num lock key not working. Searching internet, ended up here, with the exact same fault! Hence found the main delete key also did not work. And YES I have followed all the advice from Lenovo. I have applied all the windows 8.1 updates (85 updates 2/4/15). I have manualy downloaded and installed the latest chipset drivers. I have also downloaded and installled the BIOS update. Restarted many times through the above updates etc. NON HAVE WORKED LENOVO!!! This laptop may be cheap but it would be nice if all the buttons worked! Sending back for a full refund and not having it exchanged. I work in IT and needed a basic laptop for setting up network switches and projectors, how wrong was I to buy the cheapest laptop out there. Lets watch and see if this post gets deleted!

JVVW
Blue Screen Again
Views: 10,854
Message 10 of 12

I have the same problem, non of your sugestions work! Windows update, BIOS and chipset all updated. Still have the same issue. How about Lenovo swap the keyboard!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors