Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-12-2013

United States

2 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 1 of 3

Deleted everything on D Drive: did I do any damage?

2013-11-12, 2:46 AM

I deleted everything on the D drive, thinking I was deleting some unwanted stuff from a thumb drive.  At first I thought I had done something awful, but nothing bad seemed to happen.  Have I lost anything important?  If so, how do I get it back?  It is a G500.

Options

73 Posts

08-28-2013

London

218 Signins

1925 Page Views

• Views: 1925
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Deleted everything on D Drive: did I do any damage?

2013-11-12, 11:45 AM

Hi GB101.

You should be fine as the D: partition is the default backup path, There is another partition where win8 is stored and is hidden for obvious reasons.

Talking of backing up, I strongly advise you to backup win8 to a flash drive using Onekey recovery.

That will ensure you have the means to re-install windows to a new drive in the unlikely event your HDD should fail.

Hope this eases your concerns.

And welcome to the forum.

Catt

Options

2834 Posts

08-01-2013

Bangalore

1326 Signins

47537 Page Views

• Views: 47537
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Deleted everything on D Drive: did I do any damage?

2013-11-12, 12:04 PM

Hi GB101,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

If the computer came with pre-installed Windows the D:/ Drive will be containing the Hidden Image file of OS (Operating System) which cannot be deleted directly but only by formatting it. The visible contents in the D:/ drive are (Drivers & Applications). As the contents are deleted, below is the link to Backup the OS to a flash drive if the OKR (One Key Recovery) is not working.

Do post us back for further queries.

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms