cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
backyarddad
What's DOS?
Views: 4,278
Message 21 of 186

Re: Does Lenovo G500 have any wifi problems?

Did you delete the Lenovo drivers as basslik stated?
outinga
Paper Tape
Views: 4,278
Message 22 of 186

I have Windows 8. I do not have the Lenovo Drivers for the WiFI, just camera, photos and something else.

basslik
Paper Tape
Views: 4,265
Message 23 of 186

You'll have to down it somehow, another computer that has internet, that's how I did my daughters computer, with her old one that was still working that had a bad screen we downloaded it. I think some has posted the link on this post, go back to page one.
basslik
Paper Tape
Views: 4,263
Message 24 of 186

Hi Outinga, Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums! I’m sorry to hear that your G500 Laptop Wireless is not working as expected in the computer; the only available option is to download the latest drivers from our Support website using any other device connected to internet and install the file in the computer, below is the link to download the drivers: NOTE: Please click on "Select Product" then in "QUICK PATH" enter the model no. as G500 select the exact model. Support Drivers & Software downloads Hope this helps!!! Do post us back for further queries. Best Regards Shiva Kumar
basslik
Paper Tape
Views: 4,262
Message 25 of 186

Page 2 with the post above
outinga
Paper Tape
Views: 4,251
Message 26 of 186

I am hard wired right now. Downloaded the driver. No luck
basslik
Paper Tape
Views: 4,242
Message 27 of 186

Make sure that Norton is disabled too.
Highlighted
outinga
Paper Tape
Views: 4,238
Message 28 of 186

Okay, after MANY hours of fighting this, I finally won. I kept downloading the driver and it was overwriting the old file, I kept choosing "Update" instead of "Uninstall." I finally chose the "Uninstall" option. It deleted the driver and everything... Oops I thought. I restarted and it reloaded the driver. I then installed the the driver AGAIN and it finally took.

I appreciate everyone's help and hope this helps somebody who has the same issue I had...

outinga
Paper Tape
Views: 4,216
Message 29 of 186

Well, I told a lie. It connected to the router one time and then went back to its old tricks. It is going back to the store tomorrow. 

RickA
Paper Tape
Views: 4,144
Message 30 of 186

This fix is spot on! I've been going crazy with wifi dropping randomly. Used this tip and it has not dropped in two days! Thanks so much!

@jayscott2944 wrote:

I have found the issue to this issue.  Please do the following.

Open Control Panel, and click on Programs and features.  Scroll own and find the one that says Lenovo Wireless Drivers.  Uninstall it.  Once you do that the wireless will go from Limited Access to Internent Access.

Don't know why Lenovo has to out something like that on it but I noticed it when we bought about 10 of these.  Every one of those laptops had the same issue.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Jason Scott

Wired Data Solutions LLC

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors