cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Capitanu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,032
Message 181 of 186

Re: Does Lenovo G500 have any wifi problems?

help
SamPark
Paper Tape
Views: 893
Message 182 of 186

Hello Shiv,

I am also facing the same issues since a month.I have  G500 Laptop, the wifi is very very slow.

As you mentioned, I have uninstall the wireless driver (QualComm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Adapter) and have again install it but the problem still remans. I have tried changing the Network Security settings but still the issue remains.

How can I solve this issue.Its very frustating, it takes 2-3 imutes jst to open a single page.

Highlighted
SamPark
Paper Tape
Views: 892
Message 183 of 186

Hello Shiv,

I am also facing the same issues since a month.I have G500 Laptop, the wifi is very very slow.
As you mentioned, I have uninstall the wireless driver (QualComm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Adapter) and have again install it but the problem still remans. I have tried changing the Network Security settings but still the issue remains.

How can I solve this issue.Its very frustating, it takes 2-3 minutes jst to open a single page.

Thanks.
jimilchoksi
What's DOS?
Views: 713
Message 184 of 186

Hi.

I have same problem . can you pleade tell me is your model lenovo G500S (59-383016) ?

If it is so than can you please send or put the link from where you downloaded the broadcom drivers which worked for your laprop?

Please help others to have the drivers which you have of your model is lenovo G500S (59-383016).

Thanks in advance.

OmTatSat
What's DOS?
Views: 594
Message 185 of 186

Great! Thank You very much! Works for me too!

@tuxedomoon wrote:

Hello!

I'm happy to say that i have found the solution with the G500 and the problems with the wifi signal and the disconnections from all the networks.

This is a manufacture problem. The wifi card inside the laptop has 2 cords for the wifi antenna. 1 Black & 1 White. You have to change the position of them. The black goes to the position of the white and the white goes to the position of black.

Believe me works fine! Smiley Happy

Holland1999
What's DOS?
Views: 262
Message 186 of 186

Dude - you're my hero! I've been attempting to get my daughter's Lenovo G500 wifi working using all the tricks posted elsewhere, all to no avail. After seeing your suggestion to go to the Lenovo website directly and download the new driver everything is working on her machine. I (incorrectly) assumed that the Windows "update driver" tool would actually find the latest driver on the Internet - obviously not. For those souls that need it, here's the link I used to get the latest driver for the Broadcom 802.11n network adapter:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds041548

Thanks for your suggestion!

Ian

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors