cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsrajit015
What's DOS?
Views: 2,217
Message 91 of 186

Re: Does Lenovo G500 have any wifi problems?

Hi Jason,

I have bought new G500 with windows 8.1. I am having same wifi problem showing limited after connecting to network. I have tried to see the Lenovo Wireless drivers in programs and features but its not there. I have tried updating the broadcom driver from lenovo support site, but didnt resolved.

Can you please help me if you have any other solution?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rajni Patel

jayscott2944
Paper Tape
Views: 2,216
Message 92 of 186

Try this. go to the start screen with the tiles. then click on the tile that says lenovo support. It should say update driver. it should be the the dependant package install it and then restart. should start working. let me know if it doesn't
tsrajit015
What's DOS?
Views: 2,214
Message 93 of 186

Earlier I was updating windows 8.1 WLAN driver, but this time i have uninstalled earlier one and installed windows8.0 driver, and it works fine.

Thank you very much Jason.

beswaminathan
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,189
Message 94 of 186

I'm tired of doing so many attempts with all these steps. I swear I dont buy lenonovo products be it office or at home again. Its a pain these days. We have a N100 series laptop bought in 2006 still doing fine. But this one is a mistake.

This wireless from lenovo is a known factory problem, unfortunately I have no time to return for replacement. Planned to buy a wifi dongle with bluetooth as awork around. Lenovo has simply dumped the product and discontinued it instead of a voluntary recall. This product doesn't have bluetooth as advertised in their website and maintenance manual. But  bestbuy store justified it by saying its bluetooth enabled and not ready. I don't understand if such terms are applicable to bluetooth.

papahood
Paper Tape
Views: 2,107
Message 95 of 186

I also have been having this issue with connectivity issues, until the last few days. I bought this thing on black friday. I've tried the switching the cable thing and it worked for awhile, also deleting the wireless drivers that came with it, but still problems, and also downloading the drivers off the lenovo site.  It would seem after digging around this isn't the only Lenovo laptop with this issue. I found another forum about the g580 having issues and I followed one of the posters (Vincentshung) instructions in there and so far 3 straight days with no issues. Here's what he says to do...

-Goto Control Panel

-Double click Device Manager

-Click-expand Network Adapters

-Double click on Broadcom 802.1

-Select the tab Power Management

-Uncheck the option 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'

-Click OK and exit back out

theres another possible solution on page 23 of the same forum in case this one turns out not so good too, but so far so good

brbates99
Paper Tape
Views: 1,972
Message 96 of 186

I am back! So I sent the laptop off to Lenovo where they stated they would replace the wireless card. Well they lied, they did not do this and claimed my OS was corrupted so they did a reinstall and sent the laptop back with no user accounts and the admin account disabled..genius Lenovo! They claimed the issue was fixed. I had to go in and do a reinstall again and then set up a user, as no fixes from the internet community worked for enabling the admin account. The laptop worked for about a day and then the good old "Limited" issue returned. As usual none of the fixes out here worked again and I was about to return this lapop with a big F U to Lenovo. However I thought I would try the suggestion of disabling the Wireless N config setting and what do you know that actually worked and I have not had an issue since. I did notice what others had posted that Lenovo has discontinued this laptop instead of working on the real problem, which clearly covers several models of laptops. I see there is an updated driver for the card from November, but I am very hesitant to install that since I tried that before and did not help.

beswaminathan
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,966
Message 97 of 186

I still have same issues, the tech support did a remote session to my laptop and did a system recovery of my windows8. Still the issue persists which they have seen infront of them. The driver update doesn't help.

Can you explain about the change of settings in 'Wireless N config'? In windows 8 how to go to this setting. Asap Once I return back, I plan to use a wireless dongle (USB).

What ever you do, It always shows 'Limited connectivity' and wiress troubleshooter returns 'wi-fi doesn't have valid ip configuration'. The ipconfig /release and renew operation after restart shows 'media disconnected'. But my dell laptop and tablet works well with same wifi. This laptop can connect to internet using LAN cable.

What version of windows8, is this laptop came preinstalled? unable to see it in system info. Somewhere in google, it says that making wireless network as 'home' might try to solve, as of now it shows as by default 'public' (unable to change it). But it can be changed using 'gpedit' which is not working in windows8.

brbates99
Paper Tape
Views: 1,962
Message 98 of 186

Hi, the config instructions are in a couple of the previous posts if you page back through these, but basically you can open up Device Manager and right click on the wireless adapter under Network Adapters. If you right click the wireless adapter under the configurations you should see one that says Wireless N, then disable that setting by choosing Disable.

Cris33
Paper Tape
Views: 1,953
Message 99 of 186

Really? I get random disconnects on g500....limited connectvity on wi-fi...i have another laptop,smartphones,tablets on the same rutter and they work just fine.I tried all driver's but the problem perssist...so i guess there is a hardware issue.i bought this allso on Black Friday so i guess the units that are sold to retailers for a lower price are faulty,is not possible that 3 from 3 units purchased in the same day from the same retailer to have the same Wi-Fi issue and Lenovo not to know about that.I have two more friends that bought g500 and have the same problem...and now as i write the cooler just stop spinning...

papahood
Paper Tape
Views: 1,940
Message 100 of 186

just an update...so since I did what I did a couple posts back I have had zero disconnects. I was curious about the disabling of wireless n and it seems i dont even have that option..just disabling the card is what I have..I'm beginning to wonder if we all are even running the same setup now. My laptop is running:

Broadcam 802.11n...driver 6.30.233.143... windows 8.1... 64 bit

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors