cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mclhatton
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,398
Message 171 of 186

Re: Does Lenovo G500 have any wifi problems?

Wifi woes for me as well, bought thIs model recently

Lenovo G500 15.6-inch Laptop - Black (Intel Pentium 2020M 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Intel Integrated Graphics, Bluetooth, Camera, DVDRW, Windows 8.1 H

Constant problems with connectivity - every other device connected to my Sky network works just fine wirelessly - I have a couple of ancient laptops - HP and Acer must be 5 years old at least, Surface tablet, Samsung Note, wife has a Nexus - none of these have any problems.

Defies belief to me that in this day and age a laptop can be served up that cant keep a connection, have tried a few 'solutions' on here - ones I can understand anyway.

Surely Lenovo should be able to say definitively what the problem is given there are 17 pages of posts on this subject!

epx007
What's DOS?
Views: 2,334
Message 172 of 186

Hello, I am using G500 with Ubuntu and I cannot connect to the internet where can I get the drivers for wireless?

JonathanM
What's DOS?
Views: 2,315
Message 173 of 186

I know this is an older post, but thought I'd leave a reply for anyone who's having this issue and looking for insight.

I had a desktop with Windows 7, a laptop and desktop with XP, and a Nintendo Wii, all connected with no problems to a wireless D-Link DIR-605L (N300) router. But my Lenovo G500 laptop (windows 8.1) would only show "limited access". 

I tried every solution I could find online: resetting the router, resetting adapter, updating driver, un-installing the driver and using older versions, using command prompts like TCP/IP, turning off the "power save" setting, switching the wires on the wireless card, etc etc.. and nothing worked. I called my ISP, they said it was a D-Link issue. I called D-Link they said everything looked fine and it was a Lenovo issue. I didn't call Lenovo because of the horror stories I've heard online about them not fixing the problem, and just wasting time/money.

I decided to pick up a new router that had more power than the N300. I got a Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band Router ($70), plugged it in, and all my devices are online, no problems at all. FIXED.

Bukaj
Paper Tape
Views: 2,313
Message 174 of 186

I am actually going to be trying what Jonathan just said. I've had to dig into knowing more about the nuances of wireless technology and I've noted problems seem confined to mine and my sister's home setup. Both operate on single band. Hopefully dual band wireless is what I need to fix the wifi. It is bs that I'm having to make an additional investment in order to get my lappy working but I'm not sending my laptop in for two weeks or whatever it was just for them to not to fix the issue (they said they were able to duplicate the issue and tested the replacement wireless adapter prior to sending it back to me, I immediately had the same issues). I tried the majority of the previous fixes but no dice. I am tech support for an isp so it's not like I'm hitting my laptop with a rock and hoping for the best (sometimes that does feel like it'd be more fruitful). At this point I am proceeding on the idea the laptop needs dual band for consistent connection. I just have to talk myself into the expenditure.
lessonlearned
Paper Tape
Views: 2,282
Message 175 of 186

I have the exact same issue: wireless works at home, does not work at school as the authentication page does not popup & my wifi shows limited connection, no intenet . I ran ipconfig and the gateway entry is not populated, so I think that is the reason the authentication page could never be reached in the first place. The problem is more low-level as I see this in the event viewer

"WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start.

Module Path: C:\windows\System32\bcmihvsrv64.dll

Error Code: 126"

The broadcom driver version is showing the right version, so I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, doesn't work. I tried install Intel driver f701g30d.exe, but somehow the devicemanager keeps reinstalling back the broadcom driver like some psychob***h.

Would appreciate any pointers. This sucks right when I need it most. Never buying this pos again.

lolanasar10
Paper Tape
Views: 2,242
Message 176 of 186

how to get drivers ,i just install window 7 ,got drivers but wifi it not working

Bukaj
Paper Tape
Views: 2,219
Message 177 of 186

Dual band modem fixed my wireless issues. I am so annoyed that Lenovo ultimately forced me to buy a new modem. Apparently the problem for me was mine and my sister's single band modems but the dual band has me connected wirelessly. Good luck to anyone still dealing with this however you get it resolved. Noone has THE universal answer because it sounds like the wireless adapter has multitude that manifests in different ways. Hopefully I won't be back on this thread next week.
Bukaj
Paper Tape
Views: 2,218
Message 178 of 186

A multitude of issues*
Capitanu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,210
Message 179 of 186

please  help.  my  wi-fi  function correct   but  sometimes  this  stop even thought  the icon  display '' Internet acces''. I must disconnet   and  connect   once  again  to  have acces to the internet.  On  the  other laptop  the  internet  function perfectly.  This  issue repeat every short time

Capitanu
Paper Tape
Views: 1,199
Message 180 of 186

Nothing. please help me

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors