cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aer78
What's DOS?
Views: 4,137
Message 31 of 186

Re: Does Lenovo G500 have any wifi problems?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I have been dealing with this for a month! As soon as I uninstalled the Lenovo Wireless Drivers, my connection was boosted and hasn't dropped.
tuxedomoon
What's DOS?
Views: 4,078
Message 32 of 186

Hello!

I'm happy to say that i have found the solution with the G500 and the problems with the wifi signal and the disconnections from all the networks.

This is a manufacture problem. The wifi card inside the laptop has 2 cords for the wifi antenna. 1 Black & 1 White. You have to change the position of them. The black goes to the position of the white and the white goes to the position of black.

Believe me works fine! Smiley Happy

zehno1
What's DOS?
Views: 4,006
Message 33 of 186

Just wanted to say Thank you. deleting driver worked great. Also I called tech support and let them hook to my g500 thru a hardwire and they couldn't resolve problem. They did however say they could transfer me to a premium tech support for a fee!!! I told them I would take back to store before I did that. I am still having a problem, when I upgraded to 8.1 it went back to limited just like you said it would. I did download driver before like you said and reinstalled and it still is not working. I can go back to windows 8 and delete driver and it works fine. Just wondering if you had any idea's? Since you seem to be better tech support . Also I saw on another sight something about the wires being hooked up backwards on wifi card??? idk, just throwing it out there. Thanks again for all your help and everyone else's on this site.

basslik
Paper Tape
Views: 4,000
Message 34 of 186

Yea that is some dirty business they are trying to pull, I was furious when they wanted to charge me to fix it. Just revert to the old driver and don't install the new one until they get 8.1 fixed.

Schofield85
What's DOS?
Views: 3,985
Message 35 of 186

I tried downloading the WLAN Driver (Atheros, Broadcom) for Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit) since I have Windows 8.1 and it didn't work. I then tried downloading the WLAN Driver (Atheros, Broadcom) for Windows 8 (64-bit) for Windows 8 and it FINALLY worked. Thanks for directing me in the right direction.
zehno1
What's DOS?
Views: 3,976
Message 36 of 186

thank you, that fixed it switching to 8.0 wlan drivers. thanks again. you all are great.

basslik
Paper Tape
Views: 3,970
Message 37 of 186

Very happy for all, I just hope there isn't anyone naive enough to pay for tech support, and find our continued post to get them connected. Better yet", Leveno step up to the plate.

mikeReloaded
What's DOS?
Views: 3,923
Message 38 of 186

Problem:I have a Lenovo Ideapad G500 with all drivers installed on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.Every time I'm trying to connect to a wi-fi router I get an error stating that "Windows could not connect to <router name>".I've installed and re-installed the wi-fi drivers all over again and even tried the Lenovo Wireless Driver uninstalling trick.Nothing worked.Any ideas?

jayscott2944
Paper Tape
Views: 3,915
Message 39 of 186

Try this first.

Unplug the power from the wireless router.  Then unplug the device that your Internet Sevice Provider installed that gives you internet.  Then plug that powr back into that box first.  Wait about a minute for all the lights to come on.  Then plug the power back into the wireless router.  Give about 2 minutes for everything to come up.  Then see if it will connect to it.

2nd option if 1st doesn't work. 

Down at the date and time, you will see your wireless icon looks like a cell phone bars.  Right click on it and click on Open Network and Sahring Center.  Then on the left side you will see manage wireless networks, click on that.  Then go through the list and find your wireless router.  Right click on it and click on Remove Network.  Then go back like you are gooing to connect to a network then try and connect to it.  It shoudl work.

3rd option:  If all doesn't work.

The other thing that would cause it not work connect like that is if your wireless card dosn't support the network security you have setup on your wireless router.  The new computer I have seen that they want connect to WEP Keys if that is the security you have setup.  Get into router and change it to WPA or WPA2.  Then you can make the password whatever you want.  Then try and connect.  One of these options will work.  Please let me know if nothing works.

mikeReloaded
What's DOS?
Views: 3,869
Message 40 of 186

I have tried all suggestions.Nothing worked...I will also try to switch to a Windows 8 and reinstall all drivers and pray to God.If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors