cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
basslik
Paper Tape
Views: 2,194
Message 41 of 186

Re: Does Lenovo G500 have any wifi problems?

here's another thing to try. from good man jayscott2944 wrote: I have found the issue to this issue. Please do the following. Open Control Panel, and click on Programs and features. Scroll own and find the one that says Lenovo Wireless Drivers. Uninstall it. Once you do that the wireless will go from Limited Access to Internent Access. Don't know why Lenovo has to out something like that on it but I noticed it when we bought about 10 of these. Every one of those laptops had the same issue. Let me know if this helps. Thanks, Jason Scott Wired Data Solutions LLC As long as you can get to the old driver from 8, and not 8.1 you should flying.
t4038gangzhu
Paper Tape
Views: 2,179
Message 42 of 186

I just received from mail G500 this afternoon. I ordered on thanksgivings day. I could not connect to the wifi, called tech support and spend 3 hours with them, did not help. Called xfinity, they said it is not their problem. came to this board tried everything this board suggested, but nothing worked. I guess the only option left is to return the computer to Bestbuy.

jayscott2944
Paper Tape
Views: 2,176
Message 43 of 186

Make sure you go and uninstall the Lenovo Wireless Drivers in the add and remove programs.  I have bought a lot of these and this has always been the fix.  After uninstalling it then restart computer.  That shoudl work.  Please reply back it it worked or not adn I can do somemore troubleshooting on my end.  I haev one right here with me that works.

jayscott2944
Paper Tape
Views: 2,171
Message 44 of 186

Most of the G500 that I have fixed have been this one:

WLAN Driver (Atheros, Broadcom) for Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit) – Lenovo G400, G500.

Just make sure you download the right version.  It will ask you what type of operation system you have and what bit.

Find the righ one and download it and install it.  You may have to go to another computer and download it and move it tot he new laptop if you can't get connected ot the internet. 

Please let me know if this helps.

jayscott2944
Paper Tape
Views: 2,172
Message 45 of 186

Go to the control panel and click on programs and features.  Fidn the one that says Lenovo Wireless Drivers.  uninstall it and you will get right connected to the internet.

Let me know if this helps.

jayscott2944
Paper Tape
Views: 2,168
Message 46 of 186

Normally the wireless switch is one of the F keys at the top of the keyboard.  You will see like F1, F2, ETC..

Find the one that looks liike wireless anteana or a cell phone bar.  If the pictues is in red, then hold down the FN key and hit the f key that controls the wireless card.  If it is in white then just hit it.  That should turn it off and on.  Hope this helps.

Please let me know if this worked or not.

jayscott2944
Paper Tape
Views: 2,165
Message 47 of 186

did you uninstall the Lenovo Wireless Driver from the control panel yet.  Go to control panel and click on programs and features.  Find the Lenovo Wireless Drivers, then uninstall it.

If you updated your computer to Windows 8.1 then you will have to download the drivers for the wireless card.  It will do the same thing.  Let me know if you need me to post the link to the dowload.

t4038gangzhu
Paper Tape
Views: 2,156
Message 48 of 186

yes, I did go to control panel and uninstall the lenove wireless driver, reboot the computer. but it did not help. thanks for the posting and trying to help

jayscott2944
Paper Tape
Views: 2,155
Message 49 of 186

Uninstall the Lenovo Wireless driver from programs and features under the control panel.  That should work if you have Windows 8.

If you updated to Windows 8.1, then you will have to download the driver from Lenovos website for Windows 8.1  But you still haev to uninstall the Lenovo Wireless Drivers to get it to work.

Let me know if you need me to send you the think for the download from Lenovo.

t4038gangzhu
Paper Tape
Views: 2,155
Message 50 of 186

it show "limited". the computer is next to the router. my other computers connect just fine

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors