cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayscott2944
Paper Tape
Views: 2,879
Message 51 of 186

Re: Does Lenovo G500 have any wifi problems?

What verson of windows are you running?  Need the Bit too.

t4038gangzhu
Paper Tape
Views: 2,873
Message 52 of 186

window 8.1, 64bit

t4038gangzhu
Paper Tape
Views: 2,871
Message 53 of 186

lenovo g500, i5

jayscott2944
Paper Tape
Views: 2,861
Message 54 of 186

ok have you downloaded the new driver for 8.1 for the G500.  I had the same problem when I upgraded all of them from WIN8 to WIN 8.1.  Had to download the driver first and install it then do the upgrade.  If you have another computer go to the following link and download and install the new driver.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS035531

Make sure you choose WLAN and 8.1 for the opertatiing system.  What I woudl try first is to install it first, if that doesn't work then right click on the This PC icon on the desktop and click on Manage.  Then click on device manager.  on the right side find and click on the + beside Network Adapters.  Then right click on the wireless adapter.  That one should be the Broadcom or Atheros.  I don't think you have the Intel wireles card.  Right click on it and do Unistall.  Then go back and install the new drivers that you downloaded.  Then restart computer and see if that works.

Let me know.  hope this works for you.

btborromeo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,851
Message 55 of 186

how do i post a question? I would love to know because i have one that is kind of scaring me a bit I'm just gonna say it. My s510p keeps doing a strange sleep mode action of where I go away forabout 20 mins and the laptop is black. I think it's just part of any computer/laptop, you walk away for a bit and the screen turns off. So all you have to do is click a button or move the mouse. Well I do this and then the screen stays black but my laptop is still running. I tried pushing all the buttinons and nothing seemed to work. I then waited for a bit, closing the laptop for a couple minutes and opening back up to nothing. I pressed the power button, just to restart it. Same thing happened, nothing. So I removed the battery and put it back in and now it works. I would love help from anybody please! thank you!

Adabar
Paper Tape
Views: 2,843
Message 56 of 186

I have a Lenovo G500 -595399747 Model 20236- with FreeDos. (Build 09/2013)

I have setup Win7 prof 64bit. All is running fine, excl the WiFi connection.

The system has an Intel N135 inside. In the device manager are no unknown devices.

I have already loaded the newest drivers, set the powermanagement on. Reinstalled the driver several times. Disabled the sleeping mode for the wlan Adapter. Flashed the Bios…….

I can get only a limited connection.

Cable connection is working fine.

Any suggestions are welcome?

Thanks

jayscott2944
Paper Tape
Views: 2,842
Message 57 of 186

You need to turn off sleep mode and turn off the monitor settings.  I always do this with all my computers.  Please do the following:

1.  On the desktop, right click anywhere in open area.  Click on Personalise.  Then look down at bottom and click on scrensavers.  On the bottom of that screen, click on Change Power Settings.  on the left side click on Choose when to turn off diplay, change all to never.  then go back to the previous screen and click on Change when computer goes to sleep.  Change all to never. 

That shoudl take care of the issue.  They set those laptops up to be enegy savers but they also cause issues when the screen turns off or your computer goes into sleep mode.

Let me know if this works for you.

jayscott2944
Paper Tape
Views: 2,838
Message 58 of 186

Try this first and let me know if it works. 

Go to control panel and click on programs a features.  Then look to see if Lenovo Wireless Drivers is installed.  If so, uninstall it and it shoudl start working.  If not let me know.  The unknow devices in the device manager may be a Chipset Driver needs to be reinstalled.  I would try and download that too and see if that helps.

Let me know when you can.

Adabar
Paper Tape
Views: 2,834
Message 59 of 186

It´s not an issue with the powermanagent. I mean that I have disabled to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

The problem is, that the WLAN is not connecting with WIN7 prof64 and the Intel-card. It get´s a short connection to router and will be disconnected after a few seconds.

jayscott2944
Paper Tape
Views: 2,820
Message 60 of 186

To me it sounds like a driver issue with the wireless card.  What type of secuirty do you have on your wireless router.  Like do you have WPA, WPA2, or WEP as secuirty key?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors