cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iiSnewoNL
Punch Card
Views: 192
Message 1 of 7

Dolby Advanced Audio gone (Lenovo G40-80)

Hello everyone,

I have a question about my audio driver.

I've bought a new headphone but there wasn't much bass when using with my laptop (with Conexant as the audio driver). On my phone, the headset's audio is completely fine (with bass of course). I had a Conexant audio driver and searched on the internet on how to improve the audio. I searched for some tutorials and found a new driver called High Defenition Audio Device by Microsoft. So I updated the driver and now it's High Defenition Audio Device. And my headphone audio has slightly improved.

However, the "Dolby" tab (Sounds > Playback > Speakers > "Dolby" tab) is now gone! And my computer sounds like an old radio (no bass, only mid/high frequency really)...

Is it possible to get Dolby back? Or is Dolby not compatible with the High Defenition Audio Device driver by Microsoft? I've tried the Lenovo Vantage and saw Dolby options, but they don't work anymore too...

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

iiSnewoNL

EyeDeeNo
802.11n
Views: 182
Message 2 of 7

Re: Dolby Advanced Audio gone (Lenovo G40-80)

Reinstall both Lenovo's audio drivers from the G40-80 support page.

iiSnewoNL
Punch Card
Views: 159
Message 3 of 7

Ehm well, it brought the "Dolby tab" back and the laptop audio is fine now. But the now there slightly no bass on the headphone anymore. Like I said: Has it something to do with that Dolby is not compatible with the High Defenition Audio Device driver by Microsoft?

EyeDeeNo
802.11n
Views: 153
Message 4 of 7

If you installed Lenovo's audio drivers than the audio driver Microsoft installed would have been replaced. 

iiSnewoNL
Punch Card
Views: 149
Message 5 of 7

So Microsoft audio drivers are not compatible with Dolby.

EyeDeeNo
802.11n
Views: 144
Message 6 of 7

When it comes to laptop, notebooks and all in ones it is always best to use the manufactor's drivers (video, audio, network est..) even for some prebuilt desktops.

Edit: Because within those devices is/can be proprietary hardware and in most cases will need proprietary or altered software to run them correctly.

iiSnewoNL
Punch Card
Views: 138
Message 7 of 7

Oh well, I guess I should stick to the Conexant audio driver and live with the current state of my headphones then. Thanks anyways.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors