Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillyGoat
Not applicable
Views: 110
Message 1 of 2

Driver Updates Query - G580 2689NKG Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Running the system update facility in Lenovo Vantage tells me that my system is up to date. However, running the latest version of the free edition of the app Driver Booster indicates that I have 10 outdated device drivers!?

My laptop runs a bit slow at times and in particular loading images so I suspect it could be a driver issue. However, it passes the LSC hardware tests ok. I am confident that it is not owing to malware or overloading system resources.

Should I go with the Driver Booster indications and download the updated drivers?  Can someone shed some light on this discrepancy, please? 

CBHedricks
Not applicable
Views: 85
Message 2 of 2

Re: Driver Updates Query - G580 2689NKG Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Not really a "discrepancy" with LSC or Lenovo Vantage. If Driver Booster is showing newer drivers than what is available on Lenovo's update page it is due to "drivers that work" with the installed version of the OS at the time it was released by the assembly line. Those drivers are "factory standard" so to speak, Lenovo is not responsible for updating drivers past a known good / known stable point. The hardware manufacture behind the CPU, Supporting Chipset, Graphics Card, etc... is the one to look to for any updates in that regard.

Lenovo will update the bios files when needed, or release a security patch or two, but the others will be elsewhere.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors