Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dokii
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,244
Message 1 of 4

EGPU wont work on Lenovo G510 but works flawlessly on G500

Hy guys,

I'm really desperate and I'm in mood of destroying this fine piece of laptop in Lenovo store just because of stupid whitelist which restricts me of using egpu with this laptop.

I own Lenovo G510 ( i3 4000m,8 GB DDR3,Intel HD 4600,SSHD 1000 GB ) and I'm really satisfied with speed,mobility,battery,quality for price etc.

I came with idea of adding external GPU with EXP GDC Beast from banggood.com,Dell 220p adapter and Gainward GTX 660.

Lets put this simple,I have tried every possible way of enabling from DIY EGPU setup 1.30,removing wifi card and putting to sleep,enabling after BIOS post ( I connect then cable to egpu and ofcourse freeze ),no way.

Obviously modding bios is also restricted due to eprom write protection and only way is trough buying programmer kit from ebay.

The irony is that Lenovo G500 works very good with EGPU just by looking on techinferno and how many users are using egpu with Lenovo G500.

http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/6578-implementations-hub-tb-ec-mpcie.html

I'm thinking of selling laptop but I dont want to sell because its excellent laptop for me and in that price range I wont get so good design quality,8 gigs of ram,silent and fast HDD ..

The EGPU is tested and fully functional,I almost started crying when one forum member from another forum connected to Dell and for Dell it was plug and play.

Summary,I tried every possible way of bypassing whitelist throghout Windows sleep,trying after bios post,removing wifi card in sleep and connecting egpu in mpciexpress slot,then reinstalling Windows,then trying every way with DIY egpu setup 1.30 which led only to bsod and need for reinstalling Windows.

Only way I see is to modd bios with programmer kit like this

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-REQUEST-Lenovo-IdeaPad-S405-Whitelist-Removal?pid=74575#pid74...

I would appreciate greatly any help and advice because I'm almost on brink of destroying laptop.

Thank you in advance

dokii
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,203
Message 2 of 4

Re: EGPU wont work on Lenovo G510 but works flawlessly on G500

Bump please help 

dokii
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,196
Message 3 of 4

Sorry for bumping again,but I tried again today.

The funny thing is that when I press F8 and stop Windows booting and then connect eGPU system freezes and hard reset only helps.

Also when I hotplug ( connect when in DIY eGPU setup 1.30 ) eGPU system also freezing.

If that may help

kasun456
Paper Tape
Views: 1,225
Message 4 of 4

my laptop is also g510. i test egpu in first time laptop freeze at bios. after i do some research on to web i found pcie 1x to 16x usb riser that don't use smbus and sm data pins and egpu adapter use smbus and sm data pins.so i cover 30 , 32  20 (smbus and sm data) pins on mpcie with little tape and connect the egpu .after start egpu first then start the laptop .. egpu detect by windows devices manager .  sorry of bad english.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors