27 Signins

169 Page Views

• Views: 169
  • Message 1 of 9

Escalation Case Manager Unresponsive Lenovo Laptop Essential G780 2n repair

2016-10-24, 5:14 AM

hello , yes .

Same problem!

My case manager M never replies to my emails or voicemails and had not been helpful at all through this process of a 'second depot repair'.

heres my information .

Service Request:

Service Order:

Serial Number:

Part Number

Part Description

Estimated Availability Date

PIWG1 MB LED Sponge

7/29/2016

a confirmation email for deliveray and statues .

We received your G780 i7 3632QM 1TB/5400 8G W8MM machine at the Depot Facility on 6/30/16. We’d like to apologize that the repair is taking longer than usual due to parts availability. Nonetheless, below is the estimated date on when we will receive the part. As soon as we receive it, it will take additional 7 Business Days for us to ship back your machine.

I recieved just 1 email stating this ,

Your Lenovo escalation (case number 02418803) has been assigned to your Customer Care Case Manager. They will be reaching out to you within the next business day.

And then this 1 email from the case manager .and no other emails /contacts since from him .

Hello Robert,

I do want to apologize for the late reply. I have sent internal note to check on status of your repair? I do want to ask if you paid for the repair? As we are showing that your machine went out of warranty on 6/22/2014. Please reply back with any information directly to this email. Thank You...

Ha
Case Manager,
Lenovo Customer Care
North America

I  replyed with the info he'd asked for .actual email from me is here.

Hello, case Manager Ha ,

I'm completely at a loss of understanding just whats happening with my laptop repair statues , all I can do is to 'honestly' refer to you what I was told with my telephone conversations with "MULTI ABLE' calls to your tech help line at 1-877-453-6686  number .

In regards to many different conversations with the above mentioned conversations ,I  have done ,to the best of my knowledge , what was asked of me .

I will list what I was told and "Hope Fully" you can make more since of it then myself ?

!st , was told because I paid a $99:00 fee for the repair done in February of this year that I'd not need to pay another $99:00 fee. this was told to me by your company rep at above mentioned telephone number , also during this conversation the individual was saying to take my laptop to "BestBuy's' repair service in the local area since Lenovo and best buy are the same repair service company ..

this was told to me when the laptop stopped working in June , before I shipped it to the company's new repair depot in Kentucky,U.S.A.

at that time there was no 'service fee and or addressing of the additional repair cost .

2nd.I received a "repair update' email dated July 26 2016 stating that the part is not in stock ,and the laptop had been received on June 03 2016. again the email did not state there is a repair cost and or a 'service fee' .

3rd. during a conversation with "multi able service tech's/at same telephone number mentioned above ,In June 2016, I was told that the 90 days repair warranty on the new motherboard had expired a few days before I had to send the laptop back in for 'shutting off" / "no power issue's" and that this was a totally different problem then was previous repair done in February.2016.again the 'repair case number was set up and ,again there was no mention of a 'repair /service fee' .

Once again being told  just that the repair had been placed on "hold".

4rth.. during my 1st laptop repair in February of this year I was told that the $99;00 fee allowed for "multi-able" times to send a laptop in for "pre-repair inspections" . is there any "validating ' this sir ? I am also under the impression and was 'also' told during yet another telephone conversation that the laptop '"for lack of a a better word" ""dying"" in such a close time frame to the "end of parts Depot warranty',Them referencing to the repair done in February.this was told to me by the company answering service at the above mentioned number.

I sincerely hope that there is a way/means to have the laptop fixed , upon what I've been told and really would like to be hearing are some 'simple answers " here , currently under the impression that the depot will fix and if at all possible ? and the covering of the repair cost , I had the laptop returned to me in February of this year and only "powered it on In mid June .after

I must take this time to relay to you sir that the Laptop was only "powered on' for a little over a week . it was checked and powered on when received in February . .in short could you have a resolve to any of these things that I've just informed you of ?

thank you for your time and would like to not have to be back to making "multi able telephone calls to the same lenovo repair service' , seems to be "very confusing' to say the least .

I am currantly being informed that a case manager will be contacting me within 24 to 48 hours and this has been over 2 weeks ago and again after multi able telephone calls to the same above mentioned number .

,,Please note I've made 18 telephone calls and they are still telling me things like

1. where is your laptop / asking me if I know where my laptop is currantly located ?

2. we have no way to contact the 'repair depot'.said repair depot is not 'rechable' ?

3. a case manager will call you in a matter of 3 hours time .never once recieving a 'call back" call ?

4. routinely being told a differant part needs replacing , at this timeframe its something like 5 or 6 parts list ?

Mod's Edit: Serial number removed from public view to protect owner from its unwanted use.

Options

8 Posts

10-24-2016

US

27 Signins

169 Page Views

• Message 2 of 9

Re: Escalation Case Manager Unresponsive Lenovo Laptop Essential G780 2n repair

2016-10-26, 0:23 AM
"a little help here please ", posting on lenovo forums is not getting any results .? is there anyone that can assist me here ??
Options

3 Posts

10-27-2016

US

6 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 3 of 9

2016-10-27, 0:37 AM

I'm having the same exact problem, and I'm guessing your case manager is M. A Google search of his name led to a lot of results with the same experience with him. Either he's absolutley useless at his job or he doesn't exist. At this point, it's impossible to tell which is true. 

Moderator comment: Private information of Lenovo employee(s) removed. Community Rules.

Options

8 Posts

10-24-2016

US

27 Signins

169 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2016-10-27, 1:01 AM

,^^, bgrant8815 . well I think at this time It is another person ,or rather maybe 2 persons .

I have the lenovo U.S. 'facebook' page with a posting linking this forum on it , so what has happened is I was notified on facebook to send information to an email address ,and last night they notify me I have a new 'escalation case number" and then the next day <this morning, I recieve an email from my original 'escalation case person' with a new email stating that it ,my g780 laptop,can't be fixed because the parts are 'out of stock/outdated .his  email saying there going to return my laptop unrepaired . i'm searching for my repair  'payments records to send to them for 'prossesing of a reimbursment, 'for the repair that did'nt work ,I understand it .

Options

9181 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32614 Signins

1205900 Page Views

• Views: 1205900
  • Message 5 of 9

2016-10-27, 6:13 AM

Hello,

the new case 02545155 created by our Facebook colleagues has been closed and no action will be taken in regard to that case becuase it is, if you like, a duplication an existing open case. As I see that the case manager of the original has requested some information, and that you have responded, I would suggest working with them to reach a final resolution.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

8 Posts

10-24-2016

US

27 Signins

169 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2016-10-28, 0:57 AM
hello , yes "Andy_Lenovo" thank you for the 'clarification' ..
, I am currently waiting for his reply back to my question of 'proof of my payments made for a reimbursement" and if this is going to cover for the previous/ 1st laptop repair done In February of this year by 'lenovo certified repair center' Grapevine Tx . ?
I have yet to receive any reply back from him . thank you for your time Robert
Options

8 Posts

10-24-2016

US

27 Signins

169 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2016-11-09, 1:03 AM

"What would be a reasonable recourse here' , again , I think the case worker must be way to busy to reply back to the information I'd sent to him ,as instructed , nearly 2 weeks ago .

Options

8 Posts

10-24-2016

US

27 Signins

169 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2017-01-06, 1:12 AM
HELLlo , I have been calling the warranty service tech and asking them to "Please return my laptop to me " they keep telling me that the lenovo headquarters in south Carolina have to ok the shipping labels , this is crazy stuff .(  parts are out of stock for 7 months and I'd like my laptop returned PLEASE )

Options

8 Posts

10-24-2016

US

27 Signins

169 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2017-01-13, 21:29 PM

Hello, dear sirs , Can I recieve,concerning my very much delayed repair,a return of my Ideapad G780 laptop from the 'certified service center ?

I have been requesting that I wish to have it returned for a time of over a month. I have been informed that it is still under a review for repairs? yet the parts are not available to do a repair .

I ,at this time, again ask to have my laptop returned,(unfixed or otherwise.)

my contact e-mail and telephone are correct if needing to contact me .

the return address is also the same .

I would like my laptop returned ,PLEASE !!!!

I have been asking your 1-800 telephone answering service  and lenovo USA Facebook page for help and the only constate is "absolutely unhelpful'' to say the least.

AGAIN MAY I HAVE MY LAPTOP RETURNED,,,ITS BEEN OVER 6 MONTHS SINCEI SENT IT INTO REPAIRS..

thank you for your timely reply . Robert.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete